OT London

Yup, exactly, only I'm not that good of putting words on paper, or in this instance screen.

J.

Reply to
P.J. Berg

Shh! I'm trying to watch the Science channel. They're talking about beer and where it originated from and how to make it and all kinds of important stuff like that. Jeez.

Reply to
Shag

I hate to admit that I watched this but did you see the beer truck episode of Monster Garage? I loved the quote from the beer maker. It went something like, "when I found out I could make my own beer, it was like I hearing I could make my own gas (petrol for our British friends.)"

Tony

Reply to
Anthony W

No, I didn't see that one. I remember the first time I made my own beer it came out GREAT. I mean it was REALLY good. (some sort of a stout... been over 10 years ago so I don't remember exactly what kind.) Then I did the math to figure out about how much it cost "per beer" to make. Turned out that it cost about as much as the cheapest beer I could buy at the grocery store. Something like 36 cents for a

12 oz beer or so. I think that was Milwaukee's Best at the time. You really can make good beer inexpensively, but it's a lot of work. I made about 5 gallons for my first batch. My friend Chuck and I (Chuck's the one I pulled a tooth for with a pair of pliers...) went through about 3 gallons of that beer the first night we got into it. The next day we both learned about how there is typically some sedimentation that forms in homemade beers and that it's a good idea to pour the beer out of the bottle and into a glass before drinking it, and to be sure to leave the sedimentation in the bottle rather than just drink it all. There's a lesson I will *never* forget.
Reply to
Shag

Was that before or after you pulled his tooth with pliers? :)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

That was a different time altogether. Well, not that much different, but within a day or ninety or so of it. :-)

Reply to
Shag