OT May join a country club

Finally found a country club I might want to join. Took a couple of pictures of it. Pretty high-class!

Shag

Ever been to the Redneck Riviera?

Reply to
Lorem Ipsum

Here is something you might want to pick up on the way so you don't forget anything. :o) Click on link

Bill Berckman

That's funny! Shoudn't it say "Git beer", though? :)

Reply to
remco

Nah, it should say "Git PBR."

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Holzer

Do they drink PBR south of the Mason Dixon Line? I thought it was strictly Spudwiser. I don't even remember seeing Coors in Arkansas in the '80's.

Charles of Kankakee

Reply to
n5hsr

Yeah, it recently became an "in beer" around here again so the price went back up so the yuppies could pay more for it and feel like they weren't drinking cheap beer. I'm just hoping they (yuppies) don't rediscover Old Milwaukee (that I prefer over PBR) and drive the price of that up, too. You can still get a 12-pack of "Old Milk" for $4.99. If it becomes popular again then it'll hit $6.50 or so like PBR did.

Reply to
Shag

That's true. Yuppies drink what's expensive - What's wrong with them? They must have all been dropped when they were babies or something: Last time I visited Holland, where I grew up, I noticed that Miller, OM and PBR are a lot more expensive than Dutch national beer (Heineken, Amstel, Grolsch, etc -- all considered their common red neck beer :) Beer is about the cheapest thing you can get over there, except for the yuppie american stuff :) - Go figure.

Remco

Reply to
remco

And of course they are the ones that are supposed to buy the New Beetle. Meanwhile we chug along with our old Beetles. They mostly don't know how to get their hands dirty, so I hope we're safe.

I'm a Noppie myself. (Non-Urban Old Professional)

Charles of Kankakee

Reply to
n5hsr

Beer or anything that becomes Yuppified goes up in price. Overpaid overweight bald middle aged men probably did not do anything to bring the price of Harleys down.

Reply to
Bill Berckman

Yeah, can't stand most those wimps. The only way they'll smell like they've done something is when Calvin Cline comes out with a an engine oil scent. (maybe not a bad idea, huh? Put engine oil and gas in a cologne spray bottle, price it high to attract the yuppies :)

44 is middle aged, so that makes me a NUMPie :)
Reply to
Remco

This one had nothing to do with the price of Harleys going up. :-)

Reply to
Shag

Old Mud is better than PBR. That stuff taste like it has anti freeze in it. And makes for an aweful hangover.

Reply to
Funkie

I agree. PBR has a sharp taste to it like formaldehyde does. Or so I've been told. :-) *sips Jim Beam and diet Coke* Just went to the doctor Friday for a checkup (and to get a refill on my high-blood-pressure medicine...yeah, I admit it...) and my blood pressure was about 150/90 while I was there (and already taking my current medication). Doctor said I should lose weight and watch my diet and that they are probably gonna have to increase my current doseage of medication. So I figure the diet Coke with my whiskey is a good idea, plus I fried up just a little bit of country ham to eat tonight for my usual dinner substitute instead of the typical 1/2 pound and my 'before I go to bed snack" is just one piece of bratwurst that I cooked up with beer earlier chopped up into some cheese sauce-drenched broccoli. Yes, BROCCOLI. I'm becoming a health-food kinda guy now, I suppose. Maybe I'll join PETA and become a vegetarian and all that kinda crap. Or... not.

Reply to
Shag

On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 00:38:20 GMT, Shag scribbled this interesting note:

You are already a member. People for the Eating of Tasty Animals.

John Willis

Oh, I belong to that PETA, I thought you meant the PITA PETA's.

Charles of Kankakee

Reply to
n5hsr