OT Maybe it's not just you guys after all

I seem to be getting a lot of friction on an online motorycle forum for posting my personal opinions on the topic of "people who are not handicapped parking in handicapped spots." I seemed to get a lot of negative feedback for my posts to the Jeep newsgroup a while back, too, and also to the dirtbike newsgroup when I posted there. And on this group. And on email aliases at work. Damn. I knew I shouldn't have just torn up the mail I got yesterday that had "SOCIAL CONTRACT" in big letters on it. Nah... it's probably just y'all. And them.

Reply to
Shag

.............At least when we rip into you, you know that it's the anger that families reserve for a very annoying but yet somewhat entertaining family member who's always barking at the mailman and drinking out of the toilet and then licking himself in front of aunt Clara.

timmy

Reply to
Tim Rogers

F*k em, Shag. Just F*k em.

Reply to
johnboy

"Shag" wrote

Oh, waz zat u? The one who said his mother in law plowed a Harley out of a handicapped spot? If it was, you took on the wrong crowd. There's some real vets who responded. IRL you would have had your ass kicked by an old man.

IF that was you who wrote that.

Reply to
johnboy

Now I know why I read this newsgroup, aside from the VW addiction. Classic USENET.

Bryan

Reply to
Bryan

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 00:24:41 GMT, Shag scribbled this interesting note:

Sounds like they might have been handicapped after all!:~)

As for the rest, just remember, according to common wisdom, everyone is entitled to his or her opinion, but I've never believed that. I think everyone is entitled to his or her Informed Opinion!:~)

-- John Willis snipped-for-privacy@airmail.net (Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)

Reply to
John Willis

They are all after your precious bodily fluids.

jan

Reply to
Jan

No, that wasn't me. :-)

Reply to
Shag

But admit it, you'd be standing there laughing your ass off if you saw it happening.

Reply to
Seth Graham

Not if it was a genuine Vet's bike..

J.

Reply to
P.J. Berg

If a non-handicapped (vet or not) person parked in a handicapped spot and got his bike (Hardly-Ableson or not) plowed out of the spot... yes. I'd have laughed. Or did I miss the bulletin that says vets are allowed to break the law? ;-)

Reply to
Shag

What handicapped veteran would be riding a motorcycle?

Reply to
Michael Cecil

Nope, of course not. 'course, we sure do appreciate a little leeway on the

4th of July with the full-auto and mortars.
Reply to
johnboy

Have you got a standard of what "Handicapped" implys where you live? Come on, I can be an asshole, but this beats me square handed any day...

J.

Reply to
P.J. Berg

Heh, you are making the same mistake a lot of people do. I know two Vets who have lost a leg, other broken parts, bad hearts, all those things that make life difficult, all qualified as handicapped.

Reply to
johnboy

Mistake?

Yeah, do they ride motorcycles with handicapped tags?

It's pretty clear cut to me. They either can park in a handicap spot legally or not. Being a veteran doesn't give you the right to break the law, does it?

Reply to
Michael Cecil

Look at what you asked - "What handicapped veteran would be riding a motorcycle?" Answer, A veteran with a handicap! (And presumably having a sticker). Now is that clear?

Reply to
johnboy

No. Hmm... This thread is starting to look familiar.

Reply to
Shag

I'm just saying, riling up a forum of veteran harley-drivin' old guys like that would be completely in character for you. ;)

When that story got mentioned, I must admit the first thing that popped into my head was "that definetly sounds like Shag".

Reply to
Seth Graham

HOOO RAHHH! Hell, I'll even contribute a fair number of thousands of dollars to help any Iraq Gung-Ho fanatic's family fare well while he is out there proving his valor to the rest of the world. No kidding. I will. Always have. It's called TAXES!

Okay, Shag, don't go ballistic yet. I know you are really not one we speak to. Are you?

Reply to
johnboy