OT Motorcycle trading

Ooh. I traded motorcycles for a couple of days with a guy at work. He has a Suzuki Katana 750. Just rode it home... I asked him today how fast he's had it. He says 105. I hit 110 coming home. Compared to the amount of power my bike has, this bike is INSANE. 6 speed, and it *goes* in all 6 gears. My wife is gonna flip when she comes home and sees that thing sitting in the garage. :-O

-- Travis '63 VW Camo Baja...

that soak into your ears are whispered, not yelled.

:wq!

Reply to
travis

I had a Katana 400 years ago... lots of power. redline around 14.000 rpm... nearly killed myself several times... lotsafun :)

I sold it to buy my first bug :)

Reply to
Eduardo Kaftanski

Get a Buell!!

Bugzilla

...ack!! Some people have far better self control than me =-)))) Hell I had my 91 zr750 nosing redline in top gear the day I got it back from break in service....heheh

.>Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

I use "donor" engines from 600cc Honda F2 and F3 bikes to power Mini-Sprint race cars (Do a Google image search).

105 HP,redline at 13,400 RPM.Engine and trans,including starter , alternator and carbs weigh only 125 pounds. Scary fast,wouldn't want my sons to own one of those bikes.

Freddy

Gary Tateosian wrote:

Reply to
Freddy Badgett

Yeah! What he said! How 'bout a brain donor here!

Reply to
J Stafford

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 21:29:42 -0400, "Tim Rogers" ran around screaming and yelling:

always been an organ donor...ever since I started driving, it has been noted on my drivers liscense.....i feel for the sucker that gets my stopped up lungs...LOL... J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Travis............you looking for the crotch rocket experience or just the power?

If you like the Yamaha, stick with the bikes they make and go for the Warrior...............................1670cc of hell on wheels..................Not sure of the horsies..............They are using much of the R1 technologies on that bike and it looks really sweet too.

All for a low 11, 900 bucks.

What a steal !!!!!

( I'd buy one tommorrow if there was room in the reality budget,.............)

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Reply to
MUADIB®

A friend of mine got a yamaha R1 after totaling his R6... The thing is s-c-a-r-y fast!

--Eric

BugMan

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 21:29:42 -0400, "Tim Rogers" began spewing the following from their cake-hole:

You can have my liver. *chuckle* Just ignore the drunk feeling you may get after the transplant. :-O

-- Travis '63 VW Camo Baja...

that soak into your ears are whispered, not yelled.

:wq!

Reply to
travis

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 02:20:18 GMT, MUADIB® began spewing the following from their cake-hole:

I'm not sure yet...

I'm torn between what my next bike will eventually be. I'm not going to get any new motorcycle in the near future, and when I do I'm not sure if it'll be a Harley or a really powerful bike. If it's not a Harley it will probably be a Yamaha, and a crotch-rocket. I took that Katana out last night and rode it around a little bit in a deserted park. It was pretty fun doing the twisty stuff on it. Very agile bike compared to what I'm used to. I lowered my own bike and scrape the running boards on the pavement taking a slow turn from time-to-time so there's a BIG difference in the two bikes in more ways than just power/weight ratio. I'm not sure though, if I could "handle" a crotch rocket for much riding, though. Maybe I'd get used to it, but the clutch is much heavier on this Katana than on my Yamaha so my hand was hurting from using the clutch after riding it some yesterday. Also the hand grips on that bike are so skinny that they're kinda painful after leaning my big fat self forward onto them for a while. I'd need some aftermarket grips for that bike if it was mine. *ramble ramble ramble* I'll shut up now. :-) (but not for long)

-- Travis '63 VW Camo Baja...

that soak into your ears are whispered, not yelled.

:wq!

Reply to
travis

Would it really be all that wise to use the brain that belonged to someone who killed himself riding a bike?

Guess what organ told him it was okay to push past 100 mph on a vehicle with no doors.. ;)

Reply to
Seth Graham

Sure! It was hardly used!

Reply to
J Stafford

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 15:29:00 +0000 (UTC), Eduardo Kaftanski began spewing the following from their cake-hole:

Yamaha's new R1 has 180... :-O

-- Travis '63 VW Camo Baja...

that soak into your ears are whispered, not yelled.

:wq!

Reply to
travis

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 12:20:24 -0400, travis began spewing the following from their cake-hole:

Duh. Nevermind. I see now I already mentioned that above.

-- Travis '63 VW Camo Baja...

that soak into your ears are whispered, not yelled.

:wq!

Reply to
travis

Rode a 130Hp CBR-f back in the late 80's!!!! Still remember it as being fast..

J.

Reply to
BergRace

...................I was buying some RevTech V-twin oil for my bug today at a shop that had a new Buell on display. I'm not a biker so what do I know, but that was an impressive looking piece of equipment. The owner of the shop told me that they're getting real popular with the motor-heads who are experienced, know what's what and understand how well engineered they (Buells) are.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

...yup it wouldn't be a bad bike with a real power train...as they state on the Buels site linked in the earlier post " Because in the end, it's not how quickly you get there" ....so sayeth those who don't finish 1st.....lol

..>Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

..........................I don't know very much about bikes and I'm sure that there are plenty of faster rice-rockets being sold, but tell me how a bike with less than 400 lbs. (dry weight) and more than 100 hp. could be considered anything but FAST. If you're just saying that their Harley engine is primitive and low reving compared to the modern day Japanese bikes, fair enough. They look to me like something that ought appeal to someone who appreciates 'older technology', air-cooled engines being used in a lightweight package that could surprise some of the kiddies on their ricers.........Sound familiar?

.............You're not going to trade that bug in for a new and modern Celica GT, are you?

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Not a Harley fan, but I would easily go for a Buel XR9 if I could afford it...(sigh..)

J.

Reply to
BergRace