OT: Music online, BBC 6 Music, good stuff live..

Hiya all!

I stumbled across a small write-up on BBC 6 Music the other day, I did not even know such a thing existed.. Went to check it out, and have been back everyday since.

Live transmissions, different theme shows, interviews etc. Most important though, a mix of music as it happens now, not 10 years ago.. Great stuff!

Here is a link to the BBC 6 Site:

Click listen in Realplayer standalone, and it downloads a small light version without all the crap, then save the station in favourites, and you can listen directly without having to go via the website in the future.

Should be interesting for people outside the U.K. Gives you an insight to the British contemporary music scene + more +++..

Only thing I have found not so great is the bit rate, 45 Kbps.....

Let us know what you think!

Have a great weekend!

Jørn.

Personally I think I'll piss it up! Stayed in all of last weekend...

Reply to
P.J. Berg

Wow, the Beeb has discovered Rock and Roll, only 50 years after Radio Luxembourg. And they have 6 different programmes now, wow.

As the BBC gets more programmes, America gets fewer as the mega-radio outlets continue to merge. . . . I listen to 740 Toronto on Sunday nights if I can (CHWO). I like listening to older music. Either that or I can listen to talk radio, but most of the talk is about the same stuff I've known about for years. Tell me something I don't know.

Charles of Kankakee

Reply to
Charles Fregeau (Comcast)