OT: My new toy :-) (tech)

"Mac

Or...... did they?

;)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Maybe she just hates Dual Sport motorcycles or hates men in uniform and decided to make me s&*t my pants!

Mac

Reply to
Mac

I steadfastly maintain that you could wear a neon pink gorilla suit and a hardhat (complete with rotating strobe) on your head and the story would still be...I didn't see them.

Reply to
Tweak

I drive with my high beams on during the day too to try and keep the people from cutting me off to a minimum. The high intensity bulb I put in there (barely legal) does tend to get people POed at me.....

Mac

Reply to
Mac

"Mac .net>"

Actually I've been meaning to look into a mod that will make it strobe constantly during the day like some of the newer bikes I've seen on the road lately. Now that's a real attention getter and extremely annoying!!

Mac

Reply to
Mac

I pull up in the far left or far right side of my lane at a light so that my bike is pointing to the side of the car in front of me and I keep an eye on the car coming up behind me. If they act like they're not going to stop on time then I just pull up beside the vehicle I was supposed to be sitting behind. I've only had to pull up beside the vehicle in front of me a couple of times, but I try to always leave myself an escape exit like that. I also pump the brakes while sitting there to help catch the eye of whoever is coming up behind me. The closest call I've ever had on a bike was my own fault for following too closely with my feet up away from the rear brakes. Car in front of me slammed on brakes because they didn't notice the car in front of them turning until the last second. I locked up my front tire and did an "endo" (reverse wheelie) for a second. Scared the crap out of me, but when the rear tire came bouncing back down I was able to keep the bike upright. WOOT!

Reply to
Shag

I've got one of those kits on my bike and use it every day I ride. (like today) When I see the annoyed look on someone's face I think "Cool, they see me." I stop the strobe thingie when parked behind someone at a light, unless they were just driving like an idiot or something and I just want to piss them off. :-D

Reply to
Shag

...And since the air conditioner at home decided to die on me AGAIN today... Looks like that bike will definitely have to wait. Current weather conditions here: 86°F, Feels Like 91°F Plus just got the credit card bill in the mail today. OY! And the water bill! And the mortgage payment comes out of my account tomorrow! BLAAAARRRRGGG!!!!

Reply to
Shag

They are SO ANNOYING but you are right, how in the hell can you miss it?! Hopefully I can get my 6000 mi servicing done on my bike tonight so I can take it for a ride tomorrow. Been too busy with yard work and helping neighbors with stuff to ride it nevermind work on it!

Mac

Reply to
Mac

oh yes...I, however, try to never exercise that option...LOL

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Tom, that is a good habit to get into....i personally don't every pull up "straight" behind the car in front...more like a 45 degree angle....especially at night, it allows the driver in the approching car(from behind) to see the bike better in their lights(my bike is black, but has grey/purple graphics)...it also allows me to have a better view in my almost worthless rearview side mirrors, and the option to jump up beside the car in front in an emergency situation...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

I locked up my front tire and did

Last time I locked my front wheel up I got a couple of broken ribs !

About 6 yrs ago. I was going through a divorce. Out on my bike (750) riding like an ass !

I used to wear my security chain around my body, over my left shoulder and under my right arm.

This night, feeling particularly pissed off (divorce) I was traveling at arounf 100, it just started raining. Came up to some lights and they changed to red. Braked hard. All ok till I hit the white arrow on the road, It was like someone slammed the bike down on the side ! I smashed my helmet - my head was ok - and the cain under my right arm broke 2 ribs :-( .

I knew I was riding like an ass (women hey ! ), so I didnt blame anyone but myself. I dont wear my chain anymore though ! Keep it in my bag.

Bikes - OK if you are !

Rich

Reply to
tricky

I feel your pain !!

Rich

Reply to
tricky

Several companies make these, and I use them on most of my bikes.

and others. A search for headlight modulator will get you pages and pages.

Reply to
Tweak

Yep. I use the one from signaldynamics:

Shag

There is this other solution, you could move to Europe.... :o)

J.

Reply to
P.J. Berg

hahahaha My wife would love that. I don't think I could fit in. :-) Plus I like it here... usually.

Reply to
Shag