OT! Need help regarding getting an ISO format working....

Hi !

I have downloaded a couple of programs from the net in the ISO format, the question is: How do I get them to work as programs/applications?? I tried to burn one ISO (Roxio cd creator) to a disk, but that just got me an exact copy of the ISO "image"!!!

As you understand by now, I'm new to the burning game, I have the following software: Nero 5.5 Express, Deepburner and Cdburnerxp pro.

Any help would be appreciated.

P.J.Berg.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

Open up Nero, cancel any wizard thing it trys to run and then do the following:

Go to File--->Burn Image---->Find the ISO on your hard drive and click open on it.---> Burn it!

HTH

Graham

Reply to
Graham Dinsdale

The ISO file is an entire "image" of the original CD. You need to=20 burn the CD from that image. Seems that you have created a new CD file system and inserted the ISO file in it. That won't help you.

Your burner software should have a function like "Burn image", "Burn ISO = image" or something like that for the task. In the version of Nero I have, = there is=20 "Burn image..." command in the File-menu.=20

Reply to
Olli Lammi

Thanks! That worked fine!! I used the data cd function before, so it just made a copy of the image..

Thanx again.

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

Sounds like you already got it fixed from the other posts, but for future reference you can actually mount iso images just like they are a real cd and use them that way. Saves the time+price of burning to a disc anyways.

Microsoft makes available a tool to use it, but it's very hard to find on their site. It's one of those "unsupported/undocumented" features, I don't even know how to find it the real way I just use links that people have given me. ;)

This url leads to an executable download on Microsoft's site.. it's only for use on XP but it works great once you figure it out.

Reply to
Seth Graham

Look for command named "burn from image" or something similar. The ISO file is also called an Image file.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson