OT: pets

hey airheads....those of you with pets, give them a little extra attention...you never know when it may be the last time you see them alive.... i lost my Dalmatian last night. very unexpected and quite a shock. Sometimes they are sick, but you don't know it, and they don't show it......

rest in peace Suzie (6/14/1997-2/15/2006)

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Sorry to hear that, Chris.. All pets, but especially dogs steal your heart - when they pass away, there's a huge void. We don't have a dog right now, but we lost our cat last May, also quite unexpectedly. Pets are a huge part of the family and stuff like this reminds one of that fact. Thanks for the advice.

It will take a while but the memories of Suzie will make you smile again and they will slowly replace the void.

Again, my condolences.

Remco

Reply to
Remco

My deepest condolences, Chris.

Reply to
ELSAN

"Joey Tribiani" schreef in bericht news:hzSIf.81489$QW2.76961@dukeread08...

my condolences Chris,

When i was young we used to have one too (dalmatian called Irma). Very sweet and caring dogs, she didn't went suddenly, but in the end it always hurts..

Roger

Reply to
bug '59

Sorry to hear this. it's tough losing a friend.

Randy

Reply to
Randy

Chris: Sorry to hear about your loss. We have Two Poodles. One is 3 years old, and one is 14 years old. We would be devastated if anything happened to either of out dogs.

Reply to
Bill Berckman

Molly and I lost our great friend and working partner from the farm, Pico, two years ago. He was almost 12 years old, older than his breed normally lives. We did our best.

I still find myself looking for him welcoming me home after work - that huge big white dog that served as a livestock guardian for us on the farm for several years. I can get teary-eyed. His big black eyes looked into our souls. He asked for nothing and gave everything. If only we humans could be the same.

Chris - Molly joins me here in condolences; our best to you and yours.

Peace, John

Reply to
ELSAN

I've lost some great friends myself over the years. Sorry about your loss

href="

">Den's1977 Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

Sorry to hear that. I have a dog for the first time. She is a Golden Retriever 5 months old and she is only on the family for 2 months and I can't imagine the day I lose her.

Jo=E3o

Reply to
joao_eliseu

Odd, my Staffordshire Bull Terrier is closing in on seven years now, he is what the Vets in Norwegian call "Atopiker", means alergic, reduced imune defence mechanism(SP?) Anyways, he' a tad grey around the mouth, exept for that he's quite much himself..

I have just booked tickets to Thailand, bout time, aprox five-six years since my last proper holiday. Err, yes, dog, Odd is going into a Kennel from 01/03 to 24/03 and that is costing me aprox 2/3rds of my flight!!! That is 693,- US$ !! Just for the dog....

You all be nice!

J.

Reply to
P.J. Berg

Like us, you are a softy when it comes to your pet, Jorn - welcome to the club :)

Have a good time on your vacation! Remco

Reply to
Remco

is there a translation on the dogs' name??............Odd is cool to me but not what most would name a pet.....Just curious.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

If A Quiz is Quizzical, What is a test?

The Peacemaking Meeting scheduled for today has been cancelled due to a conflict.

Reply to
MUADIB

Odd is an old Norwegian name in the male tense, my grandfather was named Odd...

J.

Reply to
P.J. Berg

Used to have dog who thought his name was God. And he thought damn it meant sit.

Reply to
Randy

thanks guys for all your well wishes..... Suzie was our first "baby" and she was a very special part of our family. for those that may wish to see a picture of her i have posted a couple.... feel free to share images of your own with us....love them animals.

Joey Tribiani

LOL.... glad there is an actual meaning for the name.....although knowing you named your car "Felatio" i never really found the name "odd" to be very, er....um.... *odd*...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

You could drop him off here.. we'd have fun watching my sister's cat and Odd duke it out, knock down the snake and scorpion tank etc..

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Just as Odd as his master, perfectly balanced :D

Jan

MUADIB wrote:

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Here is a picture of mine!

Jo=E3o

Reply to
joao_eliseu

Jan, I think I found a photo of your Wedding cake. Take a look