OT: ping John Willis & Maudib

They're showing the episode of King of the Hill where Hank learns that he was born in NY.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 23:37:22 GMT, "Tim Rogers" scribbled this interesting note:

I've not seen it, but all I can say is some folks get here (where they rightly belong) just as fast as they can!:~)

John Willis

..............It's a pretty good episode with Hank's dad dragging Hank's pregnant mom to NYC so he could use her as cover for an assasination attempt on Fidel Castro during a Yankees baseball game. Hank ended up being born in a public bathroom at Yankee Stadium at a point in time that screwed up the attempt on Fidel. The writers of this show have a great imagination.............lol

Reply to
Tim Rogers

So,..............What's all this got to do with Me & John???? ( I must admit, I am up on most politicking, but not on pop culture right now)

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

If A Quiz is Quizical, What is a test?

The Peacemaking Meeting scheduled for today has been cancelled due to a conflict.

Reply to
MUADIB®

Live in Garland. That series is located in Arland (sp?) which is supposed to be here apparently.

Reply to
Michael Cecil

I think it's Arlen. I hear that the upcoming season is likely the last. Too bad. I like the show. I can't help but think of Hank every time my Texas-born-and-raised wife says, "I'll tell you what..."

-- Christian

Save Darfur --

Vision (Darfur) --
(Sudan) --

Christian M. Mericle

Q: Is Arlen a real town in Texas? Is it based on a real town? A: Arlen is not a real town. There are two primary inspirations for Arlen. One is Garland, Texas, a town near Dallas, which was the town Mike Judge has said he had in mind when he first pitched the show. The other primary inspiration is Austin, Texas, which is where Mike Judge lives and where the writers go every year to do research for story ideas.

Jim O'Malley (KCIT/KCPN)

............Thanks for that link Jim. I even found a description of the episode that I watched last night:

copy & paste.........

YANKEE HANKIE Episode KH506 Original Airdate: 02/04/01

If you can make it here, you can make it anywhere.

While trying to apply for a "Native Texan" license plate, Hank begins searching for his birth certificate. When he can't find it, he calls both his mother and father who begin acting suspicious over the phone. Hank then visits Cotton to find out the truth about where he was born. Cotton reveals that Hank was actually born in New York, and consequently blames Hank's mother.

With his newfound birthright, Hank comes to terms with his love of bagels and his penchant for bad driving. So he decides to visit his mother to get her side of the story. It turns out that the trip to New York was Cotton's long drawn-out plan to kill Fidel Castro. Unfortunately, Hank's mother went into labor right before they could assassinate the Cuban dictator.

Cotton's secret, now out in the open, re-inspires him to kill Castro. He unhatches a new plan and intends to pin the blame on Hank. Cotton and his cronies lock Hank inside the Alamo on their way to Cuba. But Hank gets inspired by his American heritage when he sees that one of the Alamo defenders was a New Yorker. He then breaks out of the fort, and stops Cotton before he can take a boat to Cuba, while instilling a true sense of Texas spirit within himself.

CAST: MIKE JUDGE as Hank Hill KATHY NAJIMY as Peggy Hill PAMELA SEGALL as Bobby Hill BRITTANY MURPHY as Luanne JOHNNY HARDWICK as Dale STEPHEN ROOT as Bill

Reply to
Tim Rogers

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 00:56:33 GMT, "Tim Rogers" scribbled this interesting note:

I don't watch the show often (fewer than a couple dozen times, in fact) but there is some wisdom in the writing. For example, in one episode, Hank declares "I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem!"

I've used that line countless times since.

John Willis