OT: Prayers

I can relate. My mother died in 84 july 2nd, dad died new years day

86 almost 1 1/2 years to the day. At 48 it still puts me in a funk mood. Yell if i can help in anyway. Kelly
Reply to
metwiz2

I'm so sorry, Chris.

My mind goes back to my grandfather, who passed on Christmas Eve '82, at least a decade too early. It gets less difficult with time, but I still miss him. His presence in my life probably got me started wrenching on things. He was a farmer, mechanic, tree surgeon, steeplejack, and a roofer, and every time I confront a technical problem, I think of him and wish he were still here.

The sense of loss will never go away, but it will get better. For me, the memory of those I've lost has helped me to remember how important it is to live well, and love well, while I'm still here. You just never know what may happen.

My thoughts are with you,

Richard Syracuse, NY '71 hippie bus "Putt-Putt"

Reply to
widgetworker

Hello, guys.... thanks for all the well wishes, I will reply to the messages when things are a bit less hectic... you guys are awesome...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

No reply is needed, just yell if we can help in any way, Later Kelly

Reply to
metwiz2

Sorry to hear about this man. Hope all is well. Let me know if you need anything!

Reply to
trey

thank you Scott...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

thanks tricky

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

I agree, Mothers are a special breed....thanks.

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Thanks, Travis...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

I agree 100%, Jan... It's way too easy to take loved ones for granted... they won't always be there... hell we, ourselves, won't always be here...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

John, thanks for the kind words... Tis true she is no longer suffering, but those she left behind are.... I was at peace, and had no regrets when she passed... no "I should have" in sight... My mother knew what she meant to me, and fortunately I was able to see her on a very regular basis... she was a part-time care giver to my youngest child, so that ensured that I would see her a couple days per week at least... My immediate family is pretty tight and we see each other reguarly... thanks again for the kind words, I hope all is well with your health these days.

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Thanks, Mario...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Dave, thanks for the kind words... I had seen you give similar statements to someone in the past, and your statement that you don't get over it, but will get around it is actually something i remembered and passed them onto a grieving widower. (my stepdad) Thank you again, and sorry it took so long to get back to this thread.

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Thanks, Randy... as hard as death and letting go can be, I was exposed to death quite frequently as a youngster. My father was the youngest of 11 children and I was number three of his four children... that meant alot of the family was getting on "up there" in age when i was still very young... over the years I've lost friends, family, etc... some suddenly, some I had to watch waste away, and they all seemed uniquely different. As hard as it was to lose my dear mother so suddenly and unexpectedly, I think I prefer that to watching someone suffer for an extended time... she was loved by all, and she will be missed by all that knew her...

thank you again...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Thank you, Rem...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Thanks, Dave, and my condolences to you on your losses.... My father is the holder of the family tree documents, he has been working on the family tree for probably 25 years... He can be quite passionate and dedicated to projects and has put in a hell of a lot of work over the years tracking down folks from the farthest small branches of the family tree... he's managed to go back about five generations.....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Bill.... thanks for the prayers, and I will send some to you and your mother.... Glad you were able to spend some time with your Mother this holiday season... you may cherish that fact when she is gone... I hope she can hang in as long as possible, and hope her quality of life is good, as well..

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Gary, thanks... good to see you still here...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

thanks, Kelly..... Hate to hear that you lost both parents so closely spaced... Like a double whammy... sorry to hear it...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

thank you for your thoughts, Richard... Thanks for the story of your grandfather, also... that hits close to home with me too, as my grandfather was a huge influence on me when it comes to vehicles... well, other than he didn't care much for vw's, but i never held that against him!... He passed in may of 96, and it's amazing how much you realize someone taught you after they are not around anymore...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani