OT Redneck moment

OK, so maybe I have more of them than most of y'all, but I got in to work at about 6:10 am this morning and got a LOT done and my brain was kinda exhausted so I took off from work around 1pm today. I hopped in my pickup truck and headed for home. Soon after I pulled onto the highway I heard this really loud FARTING sound coming from my open window. A quick inspection revealed that in fact, it was not my ass, but a piece of jap crap coming up fast (like around 85 mph or so) on my left. Yep. Sure enough, a couple of seconds later this lowered thing passed by. His tailpipe looked like a cheap imitation of the stinger I used to run on the LCB. Spouting loud farting noises like a fart-pipe does. This was the time that the redneck moment kicked in. I'm not sure what exactly came over me, but I know the results of it. I gently pressed the gas pedal to the floor until I caught up to Vanilla Ice. I let off as I pulled up alongside of him and then looked his way, waiting to make eye contact. It didn't take him long to notice the big bright red truck beside him doing about 85 mph to pace him. Just as he looked up at me in surprise with his recently-plucked eyebrows, I hit the switch for the Dixie horn. As the first notes began to blare out loud, the look on his faced turned into one of amazement. I'm sure he drove right home and told his boyfriend all about it, but in the meantime I slammed the gas to the floor and blew his fart-pipe-driving piece of crap off of the road. The point of this story, you ask? There isn't one. I'm just bored and I think that the fart-pipe boys are funny. Like clowns. heh heh

-- Travis '63 VW Camo Baja...

that soak into your ears are whispered, not yelled.

:wq!

Reply to
travis

For a minute there I thought you were going to say you licked your cat. Should have run rice boy over.

Randy

RSMEINER

...after he got done licking his ass??

...Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 18:36:40 -0400, travis scribbled this interesting note:

Or not so much!:~) I had a very similar moment today regarding a poorly done ricer job and the '72 GMC work truck I drive!:~)

-- John Willis

Reply to
John Willis

his ass or the cats?

-james

Reply to
jabobia

The question is why does he do it.

Answer: Because he can. :o)

Bill Berckman

67 Beetle Pictures at
Family Reunion Show Sept 21 2003 Cincinnati OH
Bill Berckman

Hey Travis,

You still have the 86 F-150? You and I exchanged emails a while back, I have the same truck. One of these days I'll get some pictures of the air filter "mods" I did to my 86 EFI and maybe you could try them out as well.

One time years ago, I had that thing going so fast the speedometer bottomed out on the trip odometer button, and the truck kept going faster! The only thing holding it back was I ran out of gears (wouldn't kick into OverDrive, Ford did this so you couldn't go a million miles an hour). I have no idea how fast it was really going, but it was well over 100mph, my friend was going beside me in his car, topped out at 105mph, and he said I passed him and really blew by.

Mine isn't performing as well as it used to, it has 255+ kms on it, and the timing chain is getting pretty loose, but it still holds its own.

If you ever have to get your exhaust redone, grab a set of shorty headers from a Mustang 5.0, that made a noticeable difference on my truck.

Ryan Lester

1968 Mercury Cyclone GT 390 1974 Super Beetle "PlowBug"

Ryan Lester

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 05:27:04 GMT, "Ryan Lester" began spewing the following from their cake-hole:

Yeah, I still have that same truck. I've had the speedo pegged several times in it and you're right. It just acts like it wants to keep on going. I'd guess top speed is around 120 mph. The truck seems "comfortable" doing about 90 mph or so and I find myself driving at that speed often enough that I'm afraid I'll get a ticket before it's all over with. The speed just kinda creeps up on me.

-- Travis '63 VW Camo Baja...

that soak into your ears are whispered, not yelled.

:wq!

Reply to
travis

Isn't it fun? I love when a ricer or the occasional europunk pulls up next to me at the light....you know the type....rattling subwoofer.....creeping 6 inches at a time forward like he HAS to be the first one away from the light.....piss me off....until the light actually changes......love the look on the face when they've been dusted by a pickup.....priceless......a thing of beauty....a man and his truck:).... .....Yeh....it's got a Hemi:)

What I really wish I had at times was the car a buddy had growing up......Plymouth Volare (don't vomit yet) complete with vinyl roof (ok, vomit now)....with the aluminum 225 slant-six out of a FeatherDuster, headers, Lunati roller cam, AFB, etc.....lots of go fast goodies......man that thing could LAUNCH at a light......

Sneaks

Sneaks

Reply to
Sneaks

Gotta love that old "duece and a quarter" I've had one too,.................even without the mods it'll launch nicely......................

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Reply to
MUADIB®

My cousin had a late-80's S-10 that was more primer than anything else. He'd dropped a 350 + THD in it to replace the worn out 4-banger it had. He loved watching the look on people's faces when they realized they just got dusted by a rust-bucket.

My brother used to beat Z-28's in the quarter with a Toyota Corolla 2T-C

1600 Hemi a long time ago in a galaxy far away.

Charles of Palatine

Reply to
Charles Fregeau

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 05:15:44 GMT, "Charles Fregeau" ran around screaming and yelling:

that is one great little engine....ever see the big raised pistons in that thing?....that very engine used to whip the crap out of the fords and chevies at our local circle track...that engine is getting harder to come by... J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Just some anal retentive corrections... I believe the feather duster had an aluminum case 4-speed... the aluminum block 225 was much earlier, like 61 or 62... anyway that 225 isn't called the leaning tower of power for nothing, I had a '67 Dart in college with a crate motor 225 and "super six" 2bbl setup from a later car... surprised quite a few V-8 pickups at the stoplight grand prix - they thought they were going to drag race me from the turning lane and cut me off, they were all *wrong!* Kept blowing up flexplates though, I think the engine swap was done badly... I didn't have the tools to dial in the bellhousing myself either... ended up selling it for $50 to some chick I knew who apparently fixed it all up... didn't hurt too bad though since I think I only paid $100 for it. Gotta love those beaters.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

goodies......man

Called my buddy just to see who's memory is right....and shaaaaazaaammmmm!....it wasn't mine:) The motor was out of a 61 1/2 Plyymouth Savoy by his best recollection......the tranny was a 4sp OD that did come out of a Feather Duster but that was it...... .......thanks for motivating me to get my facts straight:).....

Sneaks

Reply to
Sneaks

Damn, I just realized, I have a friend whose husband has a '62 Savoy with a slanty... maybe he doesn't know what he has? (he's pretty mechanically inept, but a nice guy) Gonna have to have a peek under the hood next time I go visit...

Gotta keep track of that car...

anyway... sounds like your buddy had a helluva package. I'd love to put that drivetrain in, say, an early Barracuda or 2-door Valiant or something...

nate

Reply to
Nathan Nagel

Were all the 2-tc engines Hemi???

I had one of them corrollas once with a 2-tc in it and it did run nicely..................I can't really say what I sold it for,.................Maybe 500 bucks............I don;t know................Mine was a 4door deluxe model with a auto tranny...................helluva car.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Reply to
MUADIB®

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 02:00:45 GMT, MUADIB® ran around screaming and yelling:

yep J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

We had a '72 in a Carina, a 77 Corolla, and 3 of the 3T-C flavored ones, the last of which we junked in 1999!

Charles

Reply to
Charles Fregeau

I believe all of the T series engines were hemi the T (1400) 2T (1600) and

3T (1800) certainly were. at least the -C versions were.

Charles in Palatine

Reply to
Charles Fregeau

My parents bought a brand new Dodge Aspen (Twin to Volare) in 1976 with a slant

  1. That car did not really run that well because of the pollution controls that were put on it at the time. Before the Aspen, they had a 1969 Dodge Dart with a 273 V8 that got totalled by a guy who ran a stoplight while my brother was driving it. That 273 V8 was a nice engine. It would haul. I did not turn
16 until 1977 and the car they got rid of the car in 1976 so don't ask me how I know. I would have been in major trouble if my dad knew that I took the car out when I was 14 and 15.

There was a story in Bugtales about a guy the snuck his parents VW out, and actually passed his parents on the road going the other way in another car. Luckily according to the story, they did not notice their underage son driving their other car.