OT Rice for the Slacker with no money

It is not what you have under your hood, but what others think you have. Check out this Turbo sound simulator on Ebay. For a buy it now price of $29.99, you can make your car sound like it has a turbo. First it was the hubcaps with the fake disk brakes on them and now this.

Not related to the first auction, but check out this other usless item on ebay. The only thing I can figure out on this one is that this guy can't dazzle anyone with his intellegance, so he is baffling them with B.S.

Bill Berckman

67 Beetle
Reply to
Bill Berckman

Bill, those eBay auctions are scams. There are thousands of them running at any one time. If you ask me, eBay needs to illegalize the whole business. They sell you a URL to a website where you put money into a "matrix pool". You pay a certain amount of money, and then wait for a dozen other people to do the same, and then you get that expensive item, and the money pool resets. Only the first two or three people ever have a chance of getting their item (because the dollar amount resets to zero each time). Like I said, it's a scam and shouldn't be permitted.

The other scam out there is "pay me five dollars and I will give you information on how you can get this product for free". The method they describe is to call and write companies asking for "sample" products because you want to "buy a lot of stuff from them, but try it first". Bad, bad, bad.

People need to give these morons negative feedback, and stop living in fear that THEY will get negative feedback in return. Thats how these sharks get away with it. It's also hard to search eBay for anything you want without a bunch of these idiotic "five dollar" scams popping up everywhere.

-Ray

Ray Dios Haque

People sell some crazy things sometimes. The stupidest one I saw was a guy selling information to disable that annoying "Messenger Service" popup in Windows. Loads of people had bought them (for around US$8), but if they had gone to Google and typed "messenger service popup" they would have found tons of free info telling you how to disable them. Some people are just daft :o)

Reply to
Howard Rose

Does it come with that girl?

Reply to