OT: So, you think your car is old?

Take a look here:

It is Norways oldest non-church, wooden building still standing, it was built in 1167~1170, it makes it a mere 840 years old! The oldest wooden building still standing is a church built in 1130..

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

That wooden structure is older than the States. Did they perform "carbon dating" on it to find the age?

Reply to
eastwardbound2003

Ah, good! It's like the Norskis to hold on to something till the mortgage is paid!

Reply to
John J

I know people who have a 70's Bug and they want to restore it and I have to think to myself, WHY? Crimminy, the seventies was the last time I cleaned up my storage shed.

Old to me is anything built around my birthday. oops! Were no Bugs then, or at least none that made it here.

I do remember a Jr. High School teacher who drove something that had no rear window - just louvers going all the way to the roof. Coulda been a super rare Bug.. or something else. (And that was before mind bending drugs so what I saw was real. :))

jj

Reply to
John J

That would have been a Tatra, rear engine V8! (The largest engine).

Pics:

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

The last link should be:

link looks the same as in previous post, if it does not work, cut and paste instead, works then. J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

Here's Google's translation of that page. Apparently Google doesn't handle Norwegian so well.

P.J. - What's the "cool time" that was removed from the structure at some point in the past and is apparently causing some issues now?

P.J.Berg wrote:

Reply to
Leopold Stotch

The only thing I can think of is "Covered Balcony", the Norwegian word is "Svalgang". You can still see it at the front, it used to go all around the house. On a modern block or building you would walk under roof but outside the flat entrances on all floors, does that make sense? It also mentioned something about the outer layer of wood having been removed, not entirely sure what they mean by that, I don't think it was ever paneled, not 840 years ago..

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

Wow, thanks for the awesome links. However, her car was a tiny two-door thing. I remember that because it contrasted so clearly with all the fat-assed American cars of 1955.

Now I want a Tatra. Darn you, Berg! :)

Reply to
John J

Look at the blue two-door quite early in one of the links.

Always my pleasure. #8~]

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg