OT: Stupid Yahoo

My son just signed up for a yahoo email account. Now I have the "Yahoo virus" infecting my Internet Explorer browser. Every time I start up It starts up in the yahoo site - that's easy to fix. But it also has a row of Yahoo buttons and crap, and a Yahoo hot button to go to yahoo quickly. How do I get rid of this shit, anybody know? I tried removing and reinstalling IE, but it's still there.

Yahoo's no help - they don't answer their phone!

Thanks for any help.

- Tom

Reply to
Oldbie

I had that happen once... I forget how I got rid of it... I must be getting old... Does this help?

virus" infecting my Internet

that's easy to fix. But

to yahoo quickly. How do

IE, but it's still there.

Reply to
(O\|/O)(.\~/.)

infecting my Internet

that's easy to fix. But

yahoo quickly. How do

but it's still there.

Try installing, updating, and running SpyBot. And keep using it periodically.

Gets rid of many little nasties you didn't even know you had.

It's free.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Nawwww!

That just turns it off. Which I didn't know at the time.

Somebody in another group told me it shows up as installed software in the control panel, so I can just go there and remove it.

Thanks anyway.

Reply to
Oldbie

You must have skipped the first paragraph...

[To uninstall the Yahoo! Companion toolbar, click the "Toolbar Settings" button (it has a picture of a pencil on it) and select "Remove Yahoo! Companion" from the drop-down menu. ]

4play (@\|/@)(.\~/.)

control panel, so I can

Reply to

Yeah - that takes it off the screen, but doesn't really uninstall it. It was still installed in my (W2K) system. To remove it completely from the system you do that other "remove software" bit from the control panel.

Reply to
Oldbie

Maybe that is where I had the problem last time... Too old to remember anything anymore...

was still installed in my

"remove software" bit from

Reply to