OT. Veterans day

I know there are alot of retired servicemen here in RAMVA.....this is *your* day....i hope you all enjoy today(and everyday)....this is just a short note to say "thank you", and to let you know that there are people that do not overlook the service that the veterans have provided to all of us(both those still with us, and those that have passed)....this goes out to both retired and still active military members.... thanks again (gotta call my dad now....he is a Vietnam vet)

------------------- Chris Perdue

*All opinions are those of the author of this post* "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug"
reply take your PANTS off
Reply to
Chris Perdue

Please add my thanks too....Grandfather WWI in the Navy.....Dad WWII South Pacific........Eric 62 Ghia 68 Bug

Reply to
Stutzsr

Yer welcome, civie. Now button that button and gimmie a beer. Uh, please?

Reply to
jjs

.......................I had friends in high school and college who didn't come home from Vietnam. After all of these years, I still think about them occassionally. One regret is that their loss didn't contribute to an outcome in that conflict that seemed to mean much afterwards. I try to tell myself that Vietnam contributed to the eventual outcome of the Cold War and that they contributed to that victory. Still, it seems now like a terrible loss that wasn't necessary.......at the least there was a lot of mismanagement from the White House and Congress that contributed to our losses. I hope that the current conflict in Iraq and Afghanistan will be pursued to a final victory that the rest of the world can't ignore because the repercussions of losing can hurt us for a long time to come. We're in this conflict now regardless of whether it was a good idea and the only real option for us now is to win it........with bullets.

........Sorry for the rant.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Of all my associates who were in the war, only one is alive today. The rest died of horrible things. And the one who is still alive is quite ill, having just recovered from a bizarre cancer. I worry that he's only dying slower than he was before. (He is also the most decorated combatent in Minnesota, a Marine medic.)

And how many lives do you allocate to this 'final victory'. We have to count the innocent Afgan and Iraqi citizens in this, too.

My final rant to those who would wage war: "Go there yourself. There is no excuse." Why is it that mainly old men and infirms want all-out war

Reply to
jjs

No. Thank YOU for the opportunity to serve this great Nation. If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't change a thing.

Reply to
Alan Nelson

Let's all show our scars and bullet holes! No, let's not.

-- jjs - SSgt, USAF Medical Corps, 1968-1970

Reply to
jjs

Oh, gawd! That should read "1964-1970". I was shot in the face, ya know. :)

Reply to
jjs

......................With all of the mass graves containing many thousands of real victims of despotism that have been discovered in places like Iraq, Bosnia, etc. it's not too hard to understand why the overwhelming majority of our 'victims' are glad to see us kicking those doors down in places like Tikrit.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

................Why is it Ok to get involved in any war without determining from the outset that losing is not an option? I don't want my kids sacrificing themselves in a pointless conflict that results in a loss in the end for this nation. Think of the difference in how we look back at our losses at Bataan or the Chosin Reservoir compared to how we remember the Marines who died in Beirut not too many years ago under Reagan. My college roommate's oldest kid was a Marine who died in Beirut and to this day, he's full of nothing but hatred for Ronald Reagan and what he did and didn't do there some twenty years ago.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Thank you.... And I too, given the choice, would proudly serve again USAF 1973-1979 (Vietnam Era)

Reply to
vwluvrs

Thank you. Eric USAF 2000-present

Reply to
EGad987

Ditto. My dad was a Sea-Bee in WWII, stationed up in Alaska.

... dialing ...

Reply to
Max Welton

don't be sorry tim....never be sorry for things you believe....

------------------- Chris Perdue

*All opinions are those of the author of this post* "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug"
reply take your PANTS off
Reply to
Chris Perdue

thank you John...and what do you drink?

------------------- Chris Perdue

*All opinions are those of the author of this post* "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug"
reply take your PANTS off
Reply to
Chris Perdue

that seems to be the overwhelming opinion of most vets....very dedicated, and for that i applaud each and *every* one....where would we be without those brave enough to fight for what they believe in and at times to fight for their country, even if they don't fully support the "reason"?...I for one can't even put into words what it means to *me* that there are those willing to put thier ass on the line for *ME*....i indeed feel blessed...

------------------- Chris Perdue

*All opinions are those of the author of this post* "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug"
reply take your PANTS off
Reply to
Chris Perdue

you are most welcome....hope all is well on your end....and again...thanks..

------------------- Chris Perdue

*All opinions are those of the author of this post* "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug"
reply take your PANTS off
Reply to
Chris Perdue

you are most welcome Eric...i see you are still active..thank you....(i realize i am but one small "voice" but i am shouting loudly for you guys(and gals too these days!! ), (the present, past and future servicemen/women)

------------------- Chris Perdue

*All opinions are those of the author of this post* "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug"
reply take your PANTS off
Reply to
Chris Perdue

...my guess would be sterno

...Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

I think the best thing anyone can do for the vets is to pressure your government to provide full funding for the VA hospitals. This has not been done since the 70's and I've watched them do more with less since for 30 years. Its a shame that va appointments are from 3 months to 1 year backloged depending on the problem. Being a disabled vet, I have and continue to recieve great health care but the doors are hard to open for Vets who have not used the system before. We need the VA for our vets and let your reps know that you want full funding for the hospitals. This is the best way I know to thank them for "doing the right thing" and serving our country no matter what the war or politics of then or now. Take care guys

href="

">Den's 1978Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik