OT. Veterans day

Thanks - TSgt USAF 1987-Present

--

**************************************************************** dragenwagen 1966 Type I - Daily Driver
Reply to
dragenwagen

you are absolutely correct Dennis....the "goverment" should at least live up to their "promises" to the vets....and it is *our* job to see that they do....

------------------- Chris Perdue

*All opinions are those of the author of this post* "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug"
reply take your PANTS off
Reply to
Chris Perdue

Chris: Appriciate the thoughts.

Reply to
Steve

.......................I'd like to help the VA get better funding. An email to my Congressman at least. What else would you suggest?

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Gonna try and keep this short It's not only the old men and infirms. Most of my "shipmates" believe in what we are doing in the Persian Gulf. No one hates war more than those who wage it, but there are compelling reasons why this is a "just conflict". I cringe everytime I hear of another death, but I also know that each and everyone of them volunteered to be in the US military with the understanding that they may have to give up their lives. It is a conscious choice we have made. They died fighting for the freedom from terrorism for the world and the freedom of the vast majority of Iraqi's that suffered under Saddam Hussein. This does not make their deaths less tragic, but it's better than dying by a terrorists bomb.

Steven Rogers AE1(AW) USN

1984 - present Transfer to the Fleet Reserve 29 Feb 2004
Reply to
1974 Std Sunbug

Funny thing - but exactly 1/2 the nations that wage war think they will win.

Reply to
jjs

Great words. Thank you for speaking up, and thank you for being there for the rest of us.

Reply to
jjs

......................Funny thing - but exactly 1/2 the nations that wage war mistakenly think they will win.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

It will take future historians to determine what - if any - impact the war in Nam had on following geo-political events. Although there were no grandiose schemes for Communism to take over more of the non- aligned world during the time the Nam conflict was taking place. The goal established by the Communist World Conference of 1955 was to have more nation states operating with their political doctrine within the next twenty to twenty-five years. And which didn't happen. In part this was due to the amount of resources required to maintain Viet Nam (at least the northern portion) within the fold. Communist block countries had difficulty in exporting arms to support revolutions in Africa and Asia. As well as in providing tactical and logistical support.

Current conflicts in Afghanistan and Iraq can be decided when the supply of money, arms, manpower, and logistical and tactical support are shut down to the hold-overs in those nations. A tactic which decided the victories in WWII, and which could not be successfully overcome in Nam. Interdict supply and communications lines and your enemy is on the run.

I can't say as I cared for my 14 month Asian vacation beginning in

1968. Although I proud that my son currently is serving active duty. To wear the uniform was his choice, and his restored Bug will be wait- ing for him when he returns state-side.
Reply to
Luft Gek?hlt

Just "catching up" on my Newsgroup watching after being on vacation the past week. Thanks Chris for recognizing the vets that read, post, and lurk on this wonderful Newsgroup. There are quite a few Americans (or at least the press wants you to believe in this country) that are dead set against any conflicts that involve war. We veterns just smile. As previously stated nobody knows that better than the people that are in service and are ordered to do their part. Right or wrong military people do their work and do it the best they can and in the best interest of thier country . Thanks to all the people that step up and take charge and "Carry out the Plan of the Day".

U.S. Navy Retired 1972- 1994 ABFCS(AW) "Wild" Bill Tucker

Now I'll get back to fix'n those darned ole VW's!!

"Wild" Bill Tucker and Linda

'78 VW Bus ( "Old Rusty" )

'76 Bug (It's in the garage being rewired, and interior installed, Ghia Front Disc)

'69 Squareback , Arizona car, Automatic, Will rewire and put on road soon.

'67 Squareback ( Soon to be on the Front burner! )

Rare Air VW Club Website:

or

Wild Bill

our veterans definitely deserve the recognition and praise....hope your veterans day was good, Bill...