OT: What other cool cars do you have?

Since many of us have old VWs for hobby cars, I am sure that many of us also have other cool old cars that aren't VWs. As I've mentioned in the past I have a Citroen 2CV and a BMW Isetta that I am currently having restored. So, what does everybody else have?

Reply to
Ben Boyle

Jeep Cherokee Laredo, 1987 '84 Anniversary Edition 300ZX Turbo

Larry

Reply to
Larry St. Regis

on top of the 4 aircooled VW's:

1979 Mazda 626 Sedan rear wheel drive 2.0 parts car

1980 Mazda 626 Sedan rear wheel drive 2.0 it followed me home, low mile

2 owner car, I built a street engine for it which promptly blew to bits the day it was finished

1981 Mazda 626 Sedan rear wheel drive parts car again, donated teh 2 liter engine which blew

1986 Subaru Leone 4x4 turbowagon Under construction, mild mods, more power

1989 Subaru E12 Domingo 4x4 van *TINY* off-road capable van, currently my winter transportation and occasional OR toy Zero mods

All but the turbowagon will be sold or crushed this spring. (Not getting rid of the VW's just yet ;)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

I have a 53 chev pickup that I restored... to haul the vw stuff, go kart(s), minibike, that sort of thing...

Jon

674 urban baja

Ben Boyle wrote:

Reply to
Jon Eischeid

It may seem boring, but a 1994 Dodge Caravan, bright red, with a killer Alpine stereo system, in addition to my one lonely remaining 1969 Type I Beetle, not running, garaged, and in need of some work.

The Caravan suits my new obsession though, whitewater kayaking! This past Spring (2003), I lived in my van down by the river, and it did NOT SUCK! :-)

I wanna get a soccer sticker and put a big red circle with a slash thru it, as the universal symbol for "NOT a soccer mom, dammit!" ;-)

John Kuthe...

Reply to
John Kuthe

My wife and daughter have H2O cars. But I am 100% ACVW.

Max

Reply to
Max Welton

I am about to inherit(sp?) a -82 Mercedes 230E, supposely in exellent condition... Wish me luck.

J.

Reply to
BergRace

Besides the 4 air cooled, I have a 93' Ford 4X4 pu, 98' Nissan pickup,

92'Nissan pickup, and a 94' wrecked Dodge 4X4 1500 project for my extra time.

href="

">Den's 1978Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

...........Why limit this to just cars?...........In addition to three bugs, I have two nissans, two waterboxer vanagons, one honda, two cats, one dog, three kids, one wife, one cockatiel, one 16' boat with a 70 hp Mercury outboard motor, one tropical fish that killed the others in his tank almost ten years ago, one 17' Grumman canoe and one four bedroom house that only has two more payments to go on the mortgage.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Two MK1 Austin Mini's! January 1962 Deluxe, one owner from new :-)

and a 20,000 mile from new 1964 Super Deluxe

Next car... I'm looking for a Hino Contessa... preferably a '65/66

1300

-- Howard Rose '66 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe '62 Austin Mini Deluxe '64 Austin Mini Super Deluxe

Howard Rose

Reply to
Ben Boyle

1973 VW Bus 439,000 miles, owned since 1979 1962 Lincoln Continental 146,000 miles, since 1996 1978 MB 450SEL 113,000 miles, since 1995 1990 Lexus LS400 177,000 miles, since April 4, 1997 1993 BMW 5 Series 169,900 miles, since October 1, 2000 Colin ( bus is still the favorite)
Reply to
Colin

Besides the 2 dune buggies, i have a 66 cadillac deville convertable, 71 duster

14000 orginal miles unfortunately not a V-8 :-( , 85 elcamino with a 455, 76 elcamino, 90 F-150, 91 conversion van, 2000 sonata, also 1 aircooled motorcycle and a watercooled one. David
Reply to
Mycoran

Besides the bugs (which get most of my care and attention), there are just these two:

*1999 Dodge Ram 1500 sport "The Dragon" or "Firetruck" - Lately I just use it just for work (when needed) because he drinks gasoline like water.

*2003 Nissan X-Trail 2500cc 4x4 "Goat" - I love it, still a "prototype" in the US (They don't like small/medium SUV's), but it's been out here for a couple of years.

Reply to
Karls Vladimir Peña

They are WCVWs, but v. cool...

1990 Jetta GLI Wolfsburg Edition

Why it's cool --> It's a 2.0l 16V with an auto trans (rare and wierd combination), and it is a Wolfsburg Edition, which gives it upgraded trim and different badging...only 200 GLI WB editions were made, and only 50 went to Canada...Storm Grey with Gray Cloth & BBS alloy wheels

2003 New Beetle GLS 1.8T
Reply to
Pete Cressman

In order of Age:

1989 Chevy Pickup 1970 VW Convertible 1967 Honda 90 Motorcycle 1964 Cessna 172 Skyhawk 1964 Rock Ola Juke Box (oops..can't drive or fly it, but it rocks!)

Al Gilson

Reply to
Al Gilson

I like the X-Trail. Too bad they don't import it here. I have a Nissan Xterra that's really fun to drive. Drinks gas, though. Been driving the VW more lately.

To be on-topic, though:

1986 Ford F-150 pickup (only 120k miles). It's for sale, too, if anyone needs a decent pickup truck. $1000 cash drives it away. 1994 Dodge Spirit. Was the family car for years, now it's the Drivers Ed vehicle of choice. My daughter primarily drives it right now as we restore her '71 Super.

Other than our two Bugs ('69 and '71), the rest of the stable were built in this century.

My son would like to restore an old Mini, but they're pretty pricy, as are parts. So, he's starting to lean toward a KG. Nice choice, if I do say so myself.

Malcolm '69 Bug (Gus) '71 SB (Herbie)

Reply to
Malcolm

A 1972 Daihatsu Max 360. The Max bit is a misnomer... 2 cylinders, 358cc, it is watercooled though :-) It has 34 Hp (that's almost 100HP per litre!)

See one here (this is my old one... I have a different one now :-)

It weighs465Kgs!! It also does 70MPH. it's really small :-) Allan :-) I don't need a big car to make up for anything! :-o

Reply to
Allan Williams

No JAn... Put the turbo engine in the domingo!!!!! Evil! Besides... those vans aren't that small - it's like a whole 3 feet longer than My Daihatsu Max :-) haahhaha

Allan :-)

Reply to
Allan Williams

heh heh

Actually I *was* looking for a cheap small turbo for this engine.. but then I remembered how I need to start focusing on the VW's and quit wasting time and money on other cars any more than absolutely necessary.

Jan

Allan Williams wrote:

Reply to
Jan