OT: What other cool cars do you have?

Oh God! Am I surounded by rich lunatics? My other cool car is...........just..........a beetle!

Ant

Ben Boyle wrote in this friggin' newsgroup:

Reply to
Ant

I currently own:

1968 Porsche 912 1994 Toyota Camry 1994 Isuzu Trooper

In the last year have bought, refurbed and sold:

1968 Porsche 912 (another one, not my driver) 1969 VW Westfalia 1991 Aussie Capri (turbo 'vert ... rock on) 1962 Chrylser Crown Imperial ...

Took some time off to move so nothing spare in the stable right now. Casually looking for another bus.

knt

Ben Boyle wrote:

Ant > Oh God! Am I surounded by rich lunatics?

rich, no. lunatic ... definitely

Reply to
knt

2003 Yamaha Roadstar Silverado

-- the Grokdoc Tom Malmevik all that groks is god

67 Baja "marti"
Reply to
Thomas Malmevik

2001 Honda Accord EX/V6 Sedan.... sometimes you just need quite comfortable power to haul the kids around 1995 F150 ... to haul around my true love....

1971 Karmann Ghia Vert

Reply to
Skipnkuf

Hmm, I forgott:

-56 T1

-98 Ducati 600SS Still have first bid for a -54 T1 one owner...

J.

Reply to
BergRace

and a 1959 beetle

Since the toyota isn't Japanese anymore, the beetle, who is 44 jears older, drives much better than that squeeky toyota :-( So it's not old and certainly not Cool

Roger

Reply to
Bug59

Believe it or not, there is actually more interior space in a 1960's original than there is in that BMW monstrosity!

Isetta's are great, how is yours coming along? Gotta love that great big door on the front ^^

-- Howard Rose '66 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe '62 Austin Mini Deluxe '64 Austin Mini Super Deluxe

Howard Rose

lovely! It reminds me of a Suzuki SC100 :-)

-- Howard Rose '66 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe '62 Austin Mini Deluxe '64 Austin Mini Super Deluxe

Howard Rose

I'll go chronologically too...

'66 Bug '56 Ghia '46 J3 Piper Cub

And we used to have a '76 Blazer too.

-Chip

Reply to
Chip Keller

Thinking about it, I go chronologically too...

'62, '64, '66

Just need a '60 and a '68 to complete the set :-D

-- Howard Rose '66 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe '62 Austin Mini Deluxe '64 Austin Mini Super Deluxe

Howard Rose

.................Hey Roger. Can you tell me about your '03 Corolla? I've been thinking about maybe buying a new one for my wife. They're made in that joint venture with GM factory in California, right? I could get her a low-end '03 Camry for about $16k at one of the dealers here but she wants ABS and an auto tranny which drives up the cost of a Camry to almost $20k. Besides, the leftover '03 Camrys are probably leftovers that don't have ABS but I still have to check on that.

TIA

Reply to
Tim Rogers

It's a great vehicle, and it's really tough to rollover (for an SUV). Decent gas eficiency, a differential to die for, and when it's in 2WD mode, it's a FWD vehicle, so it's really easy to drive on dry pavement. I love the two beer can coolers on the dash, keeps a coke cold enough for as long as you have the A/C on.

Karls

Reply to
Karls Vladimir Peña

85 Mustang GT (345HP) 98 Dodge RAM 1500 2003 Dodge RAM 1500 (Hemi baby!) 68 T1 82 KZ440LTD 83 GS450E

Sneaks

Reply to
Sneaks

..................You must be a maniac.......uh......I like that!

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Hi Tim,

My Toyota is not from GM but from the UK, since i'm from Europe. The car i owned prior to this one was also a corolla from '98......... made in Japan. The '03 has a lot of squeeks and resonance in the interior, the '98 on the other hand was perfect and made the japanese durability come through Of course the '03 drives better than the beetle: acceleration (1600cc,

110bhp), road performance, and so on, and so on. The '03 has 4 airbags, ABS, and can take a bigger impact,...BUT it has no fweem as you all call it so nicely. And it IS an image..... To my opinion: new cars from Japan, but older cars.............ACVW!!!!!!!!!!!

PS Check: NG alt.autos.toyota.

hth Roger

"Tim Rogers" schreef in bericht news:c0dse1$156l52$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-46866.news.uni-berlin.de...

Reply to
Bug59

Pristine '72 Bug Beautiful '58 Custom Bug Always-under-construction T1 powered Bradley GTII-e Monster GMC 4wd and (ta daaaa) a 99 Taurus Station Wagon for my mate, Molly.

...and more motorcycles in my past than I can count

What I really want is a Messerschmidt mini-car, but I'm not even sure I am spelling it right so I'm not really qualified to own one.

Reply to
jjs

My god! I've never, ever seen one of those IRL! I must live on a different planet! All that glass and chrome. Whew!

Reply to
jjs

One of my little brothers had an old Beetle with rusted out floors for so many years that his kids became apprehensive riding in the rain. "Pick up your feet kids here comes a puddle!" was a refrain. Oh, and "Damn, won't start." :)

Reply to
jjs
62 Corvair Monza 63 Karmann Ghia Cabriolet 64 Volvo 1800S 80 Chevy Crew Cab (old car fetcher) 90 VW Corrado 90 Oldsmobile 88 (snow car)

Eric

Ben Boyle wrote:

Reply to
Eric Mattle

I had a '61 Crown Imperial, bright white, with white leather interior. 413 cubic inches of raw, Deeeetroit power. Pushbutton tranny, the works. I loved that car!

Had to change the motor in it, and bent two engine hoists before it was done!

What a beast.

Larry

Reply to
Larry St. Regis