OVER REVING ON MY SEAT IBIZA

WHEN I AM DRIVING AND HAVE MY FOOT FULLY OFF THE CLUTCH MY CAR OVER REVS LIKE WHEN U HAVE YOUR CLUTCH DIPPED COULD SOMEBODY TELL ME WHY PLEASE ...

Reply to
IBIZA_MAN

You are writing in CAPS and are in the wrong news group -- this one is dedicated to aircooled VWs (bugs, buses, ghias, etc). Your car is not anything like ours so we can't help you.

what the heck is an ibiza anyway - isn't that an island near Africa?

Reply to
Remco

Actually closer to Spain, where I live, but yes, is Africa anyway :)

(first time I hear Seats were exported huh)

Reply to
Kuebel Guy

Nope, it is a Spanish island. Seat is a Spanish car.

Joao

Joao Eliseu

So it is a Spanish car they drive on Ibiza? :)

Reply to
Remco

Just a troll with a spanish VW wannabe

"Remco" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
bug '59

After googling it, I see what you mean. Had it confused with one of the Canary Islands. Forgive me my total ignorance.

Here's something to get your brain around: if they drive Ibizas on Ibiza, do they drive canaries on Canarias? :)

Reply to
Remco

If vegetarians eat vegetables, beware of humanitarians!

Tony

Reply to
Anthony W

The Seats have been exported from the 70's :)

We've had many of them, the old models were "licensed" Fiats. Today Seat is a part of the Volkswagen corporation (VAG). They share a lot of parts with the VW, like the entire pan and engines, drivetrain...

Still, they don't belong in this group any more than a watercooled VW would.

This, as others have pointed out, is a group for AIRcooled VW's.

Back to the original question: I think the clutch has worn so much that it is not holding anymore, and/or the cable needs to be adjusted.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

a small VW made by Seat in spain. its a lot like a Polo, maybe a bit bigger.

Reply to
Eduardo K.

Since you folks know so much about all these VW "wannabes" and such, Wasn't a VW POLO originally the same thing as the US version called a VW Fox????.................Just curious. and bored. They won't let me do much right now(doctors) so I'll have way too much time on my hanbds for a week or so. Gall bladder Removal 101.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

If A Quiz is Quizzical, What is a test?

The Peacemaking Meeting scheduled for today has been cancelled due to a conflict.

Reply to
MUADIB

That sucks, not being able to do anything. Sorry to hear about your gall bladder - hope you'll be back to normal soon.

Is that right? Not postive, but my brother had one of those Polos, I think. I called it a clowns car, because my brother and I are not the smallest people on the planet and had to unfold yourself to get out the door.

When I used to go to Germany for business very often, the company sometimes hooked me a Seat somethingoranother -- a little turbo diesel, stick. Very drivable.

Remco

Reply to
Remco

That sucks, not being able to do anything. Sorry to hear about your gall bladder - hope you'll be back to normal soon.

Is that right? Not postive, but my brother had one of those Polos, I think. I called it a clowns car, because my brother and I are not the smallest people on the planet and had to unfold yourself to get out the door.

When I used to go to Germany for business very often, the company sometimes hooked me a Seat somethingoranother -- a little turbo diesel, stick. Very drivable.

Remco

Seat has several type of car's from very small to a full size MPV (SUV) The fox from VW is now also available in Europe BUT i do not think it's the same as a fox in the US. There is also a very small VW that we call a VW Lupo. Seat has a simmilar looking car but less expensive. Types here in Holland from VW in order of size are:

Lupo, Fox (new), Polo, Caddy, Golf, New Beetle, Bora, Touran, Passat, Sharan, Touareg and the Pheaton.

Seat is: Aroza, Ibiza, Cordoba, Leon, Altea, Toledo and Alhambra.

All genuine Seat but on a VW plant... in other words; cheaper but the same Crap as a WCVW.

If you wanna check it out:

Have fun Roger

Reply to
bug '59

The VW fox US model was based on the original Audi Fox body I thought But I could be very wrong. I was just thinking that I had been told that it was called a POLO overseas at the time they were selling it here as a fox.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

If A Quiz is Quizzical, What is a test?

The Peacemaking Meeting scheduled for today has been cancelled due to a conflict.

Reply to
MUADIB

The VW Fox sold in the US was the same car sold in south america as a Gol Sedan, an Amazon and other names... its not and audi fox, but a car designed in brazil that once used a 1600cc beetle aircooled engine!

It still lives, in 4th generation form, and sells for US$8000-9000 down here...

Reply to
Eduardo K.

Very interesting input Ed. Thanks for the update.

Is it just my connection or has the verizon news server system gone to hell the last few days? Anyone else having issues with verizon?

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

If A Quiz is Quizzical, What is a test?

The Peacemaking Meeting scheduled for today has been cancelled due to a conflict.

Reply to
MUADIB

Wikepedia:

A summary, translated:

In the mid 70s new models like the Fiat 147 and the Chevrolet Chevette were dominating the brazilian and latinamerican market and VW was stuck with aging beetles and brasilias. Importing the Golf or Polo meant losing most of the clients, who could not afford imported cars, so VW decided to localy build a new car. With a hatchback small form factor, 2 doors and squarish forms a BX prototipe was built with a 42hp aircooled gas or alcohol engine. It was finally released as the GOL in 1980.

50.000 units were sold that year, but customers were criting to its slow engine,0-60mph in 22 seconds. in 1981 a 1600cc engine with 56hp and dual carburators was installed reducing 0-60 times to 15 seconds. New versions came out, a Saveiro pickup and a Voyage sedan.

Emulating the Golf GTI a GOL GT was sold with Recaro seats, fox lights, allow wheels and an 1800cc watercooled engine with 99hp. Its success made VW modify the engine to 1600cc and installing it in the rest of the versions. Nevertheless, it was still a noisy and unreliable car. With the help of AUDI, VW modified the engine, specially legnhtening the connecting rods and replacing the pistons. a 5 speed gearbox was installed. The resultant was the AP1600 and AP1800 engines, with 90hp in the deluxe sedans and 99hp in the GT models.

Reply to
Eduardo K.

They also sold watercooled VW Fox in the U.S. My brother and I each had one at one time.

Reply to
Funkie