ping: Jim Hartz: intermittent charging

I purchased an alternator for my 72 SB recently. >The problem I am having >with it is that it doesn't always charge. >Occasionally it will put out a >strong 14 1/2 volts, and other times it won't charge >at all. I took it >out of the car and had a spin test done on it, and >it checks out fine. I >checked all my wire connections and even ran 8 guage >wire to it but still >the problem persists. Anyone with a little more >knowledge of electrical >systems than me please help.

Jim, did you ever resolve that alternator problem? I'm driving a 2001 Mexican type 1 and I am experiencing intermittent and low charging. Sometimes it will cut out altogether for from 30 seconds to over a minute. When it is charging, it doesn't go over 13 volts. Thanks in advance, George Herzog

Reply to
George