Piston question.....

how good is Mahle brand for quality?

im getting ready to rebuild my 1600 and a friend has a set of 85.5 mahles he gave me with about 1500 miles on them... maybe less because he went to

90.5 and they were just sittin on a sshelf
Reply to
Brian "Grimace" H.

Mahle is second to none. So good in fact that every new Harley Davidson has come with them for around 20 years.

Tony

Reply to
Anthony W

Reply to
Brian "Grimace" H.

I'd worked on air cooled bikes for years but I found the VW engine to be very different. Be sure and ask lots of questions and don't put to much stock in the idiot's guide...

Tony

Reply to
Anthony W

Reply to
Brian "Grimace" H.

There is a lot larger volume of info on SB Chevy engines. I will be checking out the Samba forums pretty soon. There has been a big brain drain from here in the past few years.

Tony

Reply to
Anthony W