Plastic "warm-air" Hose?

I hate the foil-paper type fresh air hoses, so I am going to pick up a pair of plastic replacements. I use a stock oil filled air cleaner which has that third hose from the tub down to the tin. It seems to be referred to as a "warm air hose". I can't seem to find a plastic version of that hose anywhere. Does anyone know if they make one?

I suppose that it wouldn't get very hot, so the auto store may have something that will work. But I would rather just order all three hoses and be done with it.

-Steve Ballantyne

68' Bug.
Reply to
steve.ballantyne

You might be surprised at how warm that hose can get. Are these plastic hoses lined with foil or any other type of material which will keep the plastic from melting?

Reply to
Tex_Hill

I'd guess the reason plastic hoses aren't used there is because the hydrocarbons would affect them eventually.

Reply to
Michael Cecil

Cecil

I guess I hadn't really thought of heat being an issue on the longer air cleaner hose, but I could see why the others would get toasty. The plastic hoses I am referring to are these ...

-Steve Ballantyne

Reply to
steve.ballantyne