Please help. Grant GT Steering Wheel Hub Adapter

Can anyone please help. I'm not a retard, and wasn't born yesterday. Maybe someone with EMPI catalogue or knowledge can help. I want this nice black 13in Grant GT steering wheel in my 1960 euro bug. It needs a hub adapter.. They offer three at CIP1.com

Their is the wheel, and at the bottom they display 3 adapters.. 2 says for a 60-.. but when you open they say for 60 ghia, etc.. nothing about a 60 bug.. Do they not make an adapter for my 60 Bug?

Here's the hub adapters.. by EMPI.

The item numbers are.

C13-79-4015 C13-79-4016

Why you may ask.. I found a great deal on that wheel used, just need the hub adapter.

Reply to
payments338

you can still run grant w/o that adapter. I think the adapter is really to cancelation working for the turn sig switch

Ant> Can anyone please help. I'm not a retard, and wasn't born yesterday.

Reply to
anton

The hub adapter is absolutely needed. The extension kit probably is too.

Grant part number 3565 is the adapter kit number.

$retrieve?partnum=3565&html=grantdetailIf the wheel is flat (less than 1/2" dish), then you also need partnumber 4000, ext. kit so that you don't skin your knuckles everytimeyou turn the wheel.
$retrieve?seqnum=126925&html=grantdetail You can order these through just about any auto parts store. You may get lucky and find them in stock. CIP's prices seem kinda steep. Notice the MSRP on the Grant links I posted above.

Reply to
jeckler

3565 - is what you would normaly expect the wheel to come with. I have grant wheel too and this is the one I used. Steering wheel does sit closer to the dash but not too close. also this is the wheel simular to the one i have:

$retrieve?seqnum=126650&html=grantdetailvery little dish.

either way, i don't think grant extention is the same thing as adapter sold by cip. There are special adapters for runing aftermarket wheels on acvw to keep turn sig cancel functionality.

Best Regards, Anton

Reply to
anton

I hope the OP knows what to do.

Reply to
jeckler

Thanks so much everyone. Looking at the links now. Anton, you speak of turn signal canceling? Did a 1960 have that? Mine never cancels, I have to shut it off manually everytime. Also out of those that reccomend

3565, that is for the 1960 bug right?

I just got done looking, now where am I to find that kit? I've tried the Grant online, and they listed sellers like Stylin Concepts, etc.. none of them had it.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
payments338

Nevermind.. Thanks everyone!! Found it at streetbeats.. for $16!!

payments338

Reply to
anton