pop pop pop

After 8 garage years I had my VW fixed up to the point where it ran well (I thought), today on my first excursion out into the real world it started backfiring out the right side tail pipe like crazy after it warmed up. On top of this I think it blew up through the carb a few times with a real loss of power on each bang.

I am taking it back to the mechanic, any idea what the problem might be?

LLB

Reply to
brassbend

valve clearances too tight? Valves not sealing well due to corrosinon on the sealing surfaces after sitting for so long without being turned over?

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson