Pressure plate bolts?

Hi folks,

Does anyone have the correct dimensions for the bolts? Mine are missing. Thanks C

Reply to
CROQ

For WHAT?!?

Reply to
Karl

i would assume that since the SUBJECT of the thread is "pressure plate bolts" that he ain't asking about wheel bolts...

pressure plate bolts are M8x1.25....length should be 25-30mm....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

NOT if he has a 73/74 bus with a 215mm flywheel. THEY use 7mm bolts.

NOT all clutches use 8 x 1.25 bolts.

It was a pertinent question. You are assuming, sir.

Reply to
Karl

Woops, I guess that would have been more helpful to include the pertinent info in the body of my post. I keep forgetting every computer has it's own way of displaying posts and some readers may not have any info as the user scrolls through the posts using the "next" button. My apologies.

Here goes: This is your standard Volkswagen, type 1, aircooled, 1600cc engine, clutch cover/pressure plate bolts, mating the cover/pressure plate to the flywheel. Eventualy this engine will be put into a 1968 Type 1 Beetle with the standard IRS rear suspension.

HA! I know what you are thinking, the IRS rear suspension was not added until 1969! Well Sir, this particular Beetle is an Autostick Beetle which as you probably know came with the IRS suspension 1n 1968.

However, in case any one has lost track of the original question I am looking for the bolt dimensions for the clutch cover/pressure plate bolts. Now you are probably wondering why I need bolt dimensions on an engine requiring a clutch mechanism when said engine is going into an Autostick Beetle that requires no clutch mechanism. Simply stated,the Autostick transmission has been removed and a standard Volkswagen Type 1 Beetle transmission installed, hence the necesity for clutch cover/pressure plate bolt dimensions.

If I have missed anything...

;)

Thanks, C

Reply to
CROQ

Thanks Joey!!

CROQ

you bet your ass i was assuming...if 99% of them use the 8mm bolts its a "safe" assumption.... *maybe* you could have said the above along with the standard 8mm bolts instead of being a moron? nah, that'd be too easy...that is, assuming, you even knew the size...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

yeah apparently only the 73 or 74 is different...so i've been told...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

The correct bolt size is M8x18 (length: 18mm), plus a spring washer.

As an interesting point, late model European Type 2's with 1600 engines also had 215mm flywheels and the M7x18 allen head bolts.

Reply to
Peter

Thanks Peter, Would you have any idea where I could find the spring washers these days? Also, what type of washer is recommended as a replacement for the spring washer? C

Reply to
CROQ

Both the bolt and washer are fairly standard items and not unique to VW. The washer is a B8x15 (wavy type, not split or toothed) with the VW part #: N 012 241 11. The bolt has the VW #: N 010 239 11.

Reply to
Peter