problem changing ignition swithc for 71 transporter/type2

Can anyone tell me HOW TO do this. Have it all torn down, however, I can't get the old switch out. HELP

Reply to
gypsy

get the old switch out. HELP

I think your year is covered in this very detailed article from the UK:

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

get the old switch out. HELP

Reply to
peter lockie

It is not the same as a Type 2 1970 Lock Cylinder Housing. As far as can be determined, that 887A Housing was a one year (1970) only.

Mike

1970 Bus - The Ruptured Duck
Reply to
Bookwus1

If it's the same as a bug, 1971 was a one year only with 5-6 wires soldered to the switch. They had to be disconected at the fuse block.

I don't know anything about buses though :-/

Reply to
VWGirl