proportioning valve

..............Whoops!...........I just looked at Aircooled.Net and there they were:

Tim Rogers

Thanks. I ordered shoes and a spring kit from them a couple days ago. I'm undecided about the what bore size for the wheel cylinders I should get and forgot to order the axle seal kit, as well.

Supposedly, from

, the hubwill need a little material taken off so the axle nut can take the cotterpin. The Beetle IRS must have a shorter axle or wider housing, I guess.Donor car was a 1971 Squareback; target car is a 1973 Super Beetle. This is fun :)

Reply to
David Gravereaux

...............IRS bugs don't need any machining. On a swingaxle bug, the hub has to be machined down where the axle nut sits. I don't remember how much, maybe 1/2"? I can't tell for sure but the conversion in your link must be on a swingaxle bug.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

How about under the back seat?

-