pulley alignment

my alternator sticks out too far pushing the pulleys out of alignment It is almost a half inch farther out than the crank pulley. I see stores sell shims for the crank pulley and if I had any money I would purchase them. Yes I have tried shoving the alternator in but with all my might I move it about 1/8th inch..not enough but it helps.

So my question - What could I do to move the crank pulley out? Is this common practice?

Tim

Reply to
Tim

Get another crank pulley for an alternator. The puleys for alternators were different, they had a bigger offset from the case.

Bill, '67 Bug.

Reply to
Bill Spiliotopoulos