Question about 1970 Westy

Hi all,

I just purchased a sweet 1970 westy that was in the Pacific NW. This bus is virtually rust free. Since I want to keep it that way, and knowing that once the rust starts, it pretty much moves pretty fast...I have the following question(s):

What is the consensus on the rust-protection paints like POR15? I am thinking about painting the chassis, well, pretty much the entire under belly of the bus with something like this to ensure a rust free bottom. As far as the body goes, it has a pretty decent paint job, and I will keep it waxed until it is ready for a new paintjob (paint is not original, and I will want to have a more authentic two-tone paint job). When time for the new paint job, I will give it it's due and treat the vehicle to a very nice paint job. So my question is pretty focused on the underbelly and whether or not using such products will be ultimately beneficial to the longevity of the bus. Any/all comments welcome. I look forward to your advice.

Deno J. Andrews proud owner...

Reply to
Deno J. Andrews

Braukuche