Question: brake proportioning valve

I'm installing disc brakes in place of the drums on the front of my 69 Type

  1. Do I need a brake proportioning valve? Thanks.

Art Imerito 69 Bug Resto-custom

Reply to
BIG ART 330

Not really. You'd like it for the rear cirquit, but from the factory they are for the front, AFAIK.

But if you remove them (they attach directly to the master cylinder, and brake line attaches to them in return) the brake line coupler threads no longer fit.. the valve leaves behind a different size/pitch thread.

This might become a problem.

Jan

Reply to
Jan