Quiet Muffler FYI

In my never ending search for a quieter muffler I think my quest has ended. This weekend I replaced my Bugpack Dual Quiet Pack with an S & S Single Quiet Pack. Big difference. Not only is the car quieter but it runs smoother and sounds smoother. The dual quiet pack just never sounded smooth. I think sending the exhaust gases and the sound through one muffler instead of two, makes for a more controlled path for the sound and gases to go.

I'll never mention this again.

If anyone wants a slightly used BugPack Dual Quiet Pack Muffler or a BugPack Turbo Hideout muffler, I'll sell them cheap. You pay shipping.

Brian Turner snipped-for-privacy@REMOVEcenturytel.net

Reply to
Brian Turner

I've tried or heard just about everything, and I have to agree on the type you describe being the best compromise between power and noise.

You can get it even more quiet by running first one muffler on one side of the engine, laying flat next to the valve cover.. then run teh exit pipe to the oppposite side under the engine/tranny support bracket, then another muffler next toteh opposite side valve cover, then a straight pipe out.. But it doesn't work well on higher hp engines. Robs too much power.

Jan

Reply to
Jan