R.I.P. Joe Vittone

I found out via another forum, that my good friend Joe Vittone passed away February 23rd. For any of you that don't know who Joe was, if you have ever modified a VW to make it a little faster, handle a little better, or just wanted to personalize your Bug, you owe the opportunity to do so, to Joe. You see, he was the founder of EMPI, back in 1956, back before the name EMPI wasn't aligned with offshore- made, poor fitting, non-working, cheaply-made, junk. I had the pleasure of knowing Joe, though my association with VW Trends and Hot VWs, and managed to spend numerous hours with him, and his wife Helen. A finer man, and a bigger class act, you'll never find. Rest In Peace, Guiseppe Vittone. The VW world weeps for you

Reply to
kaferdave

My condolences to his family.. I have the highest respect for him, although I never met him or talked with him. It's a shame how the Empi name was dragged down after what he had done to build it up.

Reply to
Jan Andersson

I'm sorry to hear this, Dave... Thanks for posting to let us know, I didn't know Joe personally, but he was a "legend" in the vw field and all the "old-timers" and "long-timers" know of him... My condolences to you, his family, all his friends, and the vw world in general for this loss...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

That's a shame. I've been a follower of him for years and years.

Randy

Reply to
Randy