RAMVA member list

To be qualified as a "member" of this newsgroup, all you need to do is have a passion for aircooled VW's.

You don't even need to write here.

I maintain a list of members here:

listing consists of name, cars owned (Only aircooled VW's are listed) and location. You can use a nickname if you like, one that you use here in this newsgroup for example. (So that other Ramva members would recognize you).

Your name on the page can be linked to your email address, but it won't be displayed on the website. It is however possible to retrieve the email address from the page HTML code, so technically it is possible for email harvesting programs to find it and it could then be added on spam mailing lists. I don't know if they have found this site or not. I will gladly leave your email address out if you like, but then people can't contact you through the listings.

I can also link your website if you want.

Commercial websites or "ads" are accepted with certain limitations. Banners negotiable :)

You will see that the site is ad-free, save for the FORCED Geocities/Yahoo ads that they implemented a while ago. I have no control over that.

I will never give or sell these email addresses to any 3rd party. It's just for us here at RAMVA. If you are worried about harvesting bots, give a bogus email addy. If you say nothing at all about the email address, I will use the one you emailed me from. !!!!

NOTE: I will NEVER add ANYONE unless I get a request directly by email. Name, cars owned, city and state/country.

I will not accept or display street addresses or phone numbers for privacy & security reasons.

And yes it's free, and no I don't benefit from it in any way.

Jan

Reply to
Jan

Jan wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@rocketmail.com:

How about making the addy visible, but allow spam deterrents like snipped-for-privacy@LOSTrcn.SPAMMERcom

Reply to
cloud8

Well, I think it should come from the person who wants his listed :) I'll think about converting all of them to have spam deterrents like that.

There, now I thought about it. Entirely too much work to go through them all :)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Jan Andersson wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@rocketcom.mail:

I was thinking along the lines of sites I've come across where the user can fill out his own profile. I was thinking of adding my cloud8 handle...no need for you to do that

joka tapauksessa I hear help will be arriving from Florida sometime soon.

Reply to
cloud8

I just never wanted people to have access to the site in any way. Plus I'm not sure Geoshitheads allow such scripts.

:)

Oh yea, easy women and cheap labor... I love Florida :D

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Not that... just a simple web page form (javascript) that will let them fill in fields and then click a button that sends a formatted email to the address of your choice. The form makes sure that you can use the info easily when you need to make an addition. It's pretty basic stuff.

Look at the example here:

The FORM is right at the bottom... Look at the page source HTML to see how it is done. Hey, do you like the radio at the top that acts as the navigation system for the site? That's my work! I also did the background image for the pages.

Reply to
Red Bug

............ I'll give you the easy part, but *nothing* about my labor has been cheap for you. Just ask your ATM and credit cards. ;)

K. "So tonight I'll ask the stars above, how did I ever win your love? What did I do? What did I say to turn your angel eyes my way?"

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

Nice!

I don't think Javascript existed when I first created the site in the

90's :) Eventhough it didn't work on netscape 4.77, it did with Firefox. Looks good.

I experimented with something just like that (only it was done with html not javascript) but I abandoned it. It's not that much work to cut and paste someone's name, cars and city on a web page... so I try to keep it simple.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

LOL

You aren't all that bad..... :)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Hey Jan I saw my name listed... Thanks for the quick action!!

Roger "Jan" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@rocketmail.com...

Reply to
bug '59

That was really quickly... Thanks for listing me!

Reply to
VW Kondor

No problem :)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

You're welcome

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Thanks for keeping this up Jan.

I have allready emailed someone about some parts.

Doug H.

Reply to
ddh

Cool :)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

holy dogsnots batman! I'm not the only Juneau RAMVA member. Almost started thinking I was special or something.

Ken Juneau, Alaska

Reply to
JuneauBug

Sorry to disappoint you :)

Don't worry, you are still... special. :)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson