RAMVA.ORG adminstrator Wanted.

- no pay involved.

- I just don't have the time or the garage to work on my car much less the website. It would be really great to have this service operating at a higher level.

Msg me "Funkie" for details.

medina76 @ comcast.net

Reply to
Funkie

Hope you find someone who is really prepared to commit him/herself

I tried that with the Ramva Virtual Car show a few times, no luck.

The site is still up and I guess I need to do something about it. And the rest of my sites. Now that I have DSL. (Finally after 2 years of begging)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

If only I were ready...

Reply to
(O\|/O)(.\~/.)

You know those four words? "I told you so." Anywho, my spare server has been up for eight years without a hitch, and the other has been up for 14 years, but it's now beyond the support horizon. So, not me.

Which leads to this: if anyone wants the Winona RAMVA faces files, or the Winona logos, come and get 'em. The server will be thrown away when it goes down. God only knows when that will be. It's up to the guy who sweeps the floors, now. No kidding. He pulls the plug, it's done.

Reply to
J Stafford

Thrown away? when it dies don't throw it away, let me know and I might take the hardware. I've been building machines from old parts and giving them away to people who can't aford or don't need new or fast machines.

so don't chuck it......... :-)

Gary

Reply to
Ace

:) One is a MicroVAX 3100-96, and while it is about the same size as an IBM XT, the other is an Alpha 4000 and is as big as fridge. Both run a very spendy OS.

Reply to
J Stafford

Between Linux and NetBSD I suspect that you could run something reasonable on 'em ;-)

Ciao

Zak

-- ========================================================================

Searchable database of 10 000+ car specsAuctioning motoring-related items at eBay?

Zak McGregor

Well, I have been wanting my own server but thats a little over-kill.

:-) Gary

Reply to
Ace

Too bad you weren't closer, just tossed out 6 dual PPros this weekend......yeh....they boot slow but damn good and stable servers for web, ftp, email, etc......ran a shoutcast server off one for a while.....another was a Nascar 2+3 server.....oh well....

Sneaks

Reply to
Sneaks

On an Alpha chip?

Reply to
J Stafford

It can be had. Redhat 7.2, but I'm not going for it. The Alpha is way too expensive to maintain.

Reply to
J Stafford

Roger that!

Reply to