Re: A sad day for me: (anyone from the old VintagVW listserv here?)

Ronnie, I don't know if this is the same email list as the one you knew back in '97 but...... the VintagVW list lives here:

snipped-for-privacy@listproc.sjsu.edu

This is the address to ask to get yourself subscribed to the list (as well as answer any questions). The list is very much alive and well and the collective knowledge (resistance is futile) is amazing. There is an archive of past post also available.

Hope this helps and looking forward to having you back in the bunch.

Mike '73 Kasanrot Kafer

Sorry for the newbie spamming guys, and I don't know if this has been > covered here, but I don't know anywhere else to go where people might > know what I'm talking about. > > To make a long story short, I've been out of the aircooled scene for a > few years. It can happen to anyone, sure, but I just never thought it > would happen to me. > > Getting ready to get my '69 type 1 out of storage, and I figured I > would see what's up with the old VintagVW email group. After all, I > was an active member for a couple of years, (around 97 maybe? It's > hard to remember that far back) ;-) and I learned a lot through it, > met a lot of great people, and received and gave out a lot of help. > > I was disturbed to find that it's all but gone. :-( It looks like some > time in 2000 it was moved to the topica groups website, and it appears > that it never got much action. It's all but dead now. > > I know the internet has changed a lot since it's early days, and that > there are much better ways to do things than a simple email list, > (such as newsgroups obviously), but I guess I'm just sad to see it > gone completely. Guess that's all. I feel like such an old timer, even > at the ripe old age of 24... :-)
Reply to
Mike