Re: brake fluid disappears.

even sitting for a few dayz.

>the bugger is the body has a single reservoir while the m.c. is dual >circuit.. I have a dual reservoir, I'll change it to isolate the problem. >Yes, I've looked at the long line that runs to the back. >I wish I could see some evidence on the garage floor. >where is it going?

Onto the pan near the mc but not quite onto the ground. btdt.

maybe have to refill it every three days. brakes seem to work well. >wish me luck!
Reply to
Michael Cecil

I had that for a while, then it stopped leaking. Never did get to the bottom of it.

Reply to
David Gravereaux

It sounds like you have a pin hole size leak in a brake line or hose.

I do not recommend the semi-synthetic brake fluid. I used it and it made the brake hoses swell shut.

I only use standard store brand conventional DOT 3 brake fluid like Auto Zone brand. I do not think they have Auto Zone where you live though.

Here is a great link for classic VW repair advice:

Jim Ed