re:ciearing cable tube

Hi.Does anyone have any hints for clearing out the throttle cable tube('72 Westy if it matters).I've tried oil can spritzing,WD-40 spraying and compressed air blasting.Still blocked.I know the answer is out there.My new cable awaits your reply.Steve

Reply to
Ilambert

Stiff bailing wire?

What's stopping it up? Is the old cable broken off inside? The new cable gets bound up by something in the tube part way down?

-Rob

Ilambert wrote:

Reply to
Rob

Hi,Rob.The old cable acted erratic and when I pulled it out about half the strands were broken,but it seemed to be whole.The new one(solid)seems to go

46" to 48" and stops solid.I was thinking there was a connection or joint there that I can't see.Interestingly the old cable inserted from the back stops at seemingly the same place.Maybe this is just a case of forcing a wire past.I just try to avoid force so if anyone has any ideas i'll listen.Steve
Reply to
Ilambert

have you tried brake cleaner?

Reply to
Funkie

The "bullet" on the end of the cable is too long...............take a file to it and remove about a 1/8" bit of it and try again..........should go smoothly through after the mod.

( please add a small amount of lube to the cable to keep it from getting rusty and breaking after a while)

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Reply to
MUADIB®

get a thinner wire and feed it through first. Then attach the thin wire to the new wire and use the thin one to guide it through.

Reply to
DougnKaren