Re: Gas/Carburetor leak

Put a large

brick on the brake pedal to see which light was burnt out.

I use a 2 Iron, I put the backrest forward and the grip on the pedal and wedge the iron against the seat.

Reply to
Gregg H

Just holding the throttle open should not lead to flooding in any way. Do you have an electrical fuel pump? If you have, it could be overfilling your carburettor when you have the ignition on (required to enable brake lights).

Reply to
Olli Lammi

If you're not familiar with carburators have the bug towed to someone who does. Also, just for your peace of mind get a good fire extinguisher that you can get at easily even after the repair is completed. I lost a perfectly good bug because of a carburator fire and I could have saved it with a good fire extinguisher.

David

Reply to
C7eca

What is considered "State of the Art" in Fire Extinguishers? At one time I heard it was Halon, then later heard it caused as much trouble as it prevented.

Mike

David

Reply to
Sigifrith