Re: Gas in the OIL

besides a cracked carb. body, how could gas get into the oil?

> > -- > when you believe the only tool you have is a hammer. > problems tend to look like nails.

Same thing happened to me..... it ended up being a bad float needle and I was parking it uphill so I actually put about a gallon of gas into my oil sump. Believe it or not it started and I was about to drive to work in it when I saw the stream of oil/gas running down the driveway out of the flywheel seal and then I new it was and engine pull at least!

Mac

Reply to
Mac

Most likely the fuelpump is the cullprit

Roger

" P.O.W." schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@sn-ip.vsrv-sjc.supernews.net...

Reply to
bug '59

Another vote for internal fuel pump leak

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Sorry I should have mentioned this before but I based my experience to you with an electric fuel pump stationed under the fuel tank not the original mechanicle pump......

Mac

Reply to
Mac

I second the float valve idea. Once I had my float valve almost fall into the carb bowl. Whoever worked on the carb last did not completely tighten it and it backed itself out. As it was about to come out it leaked gas around the thread and like the previous poster it was parked with the nose pointed uphill and the tank was higher than the carb. The car refused to start after a lot of trying. Popped the engine deck and was just looking around when I happened to pull the dipstick. It was

*way* too full and I was trying to figure out how oil had managed to magically appear in my crankcase. Then I noticed that the oil was unusually thin and smelled of gasoline.
Reply to
Leopold Stotch