Re: generator

................Hey Jim? Do you think that our ACVWs are powered by motors

> or engines? Should we invade the confederacy before or after we annex > Canada? How do you like those Steelers?...........huh?......huh? > >

Hmmmph! Nice try. J.

Reply to
Speedy Jim

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 14:42:05 -0400, Speedy Jim , who was sitting in a corner eating his Xmas pie stuck in his thumb and pulled out a plum and began to run off at the mouth like so:

Dangit, fess up! Did we land on the moon or not!?!? :-P

-- Travis (Shaggie) '63 VW Camo Baja...

corrodes the vessel that carries it.

Reply to
travis

Here you go ...

Definitely good for a laugh

knt

Reply to
knt

"Speedy Jim" wrote

Thank you, Jim.

LOL! Any VW that deviates from those that were present at the 1938 Wolfsburg cornerstone ceremony are inferior, eh?

I think I'll go out and remove the flaps and thermostat and install some platinum plugs ... but what kind of oil should I use? Should I use synthetic? ... and what weight is best? Which VWs are better, Super Beetles or standards? Coke or Pepsi?

hehe

Reply to
Scott H.

"Tim Rogers" wrote

Tim, the Steelers suck. The only team that sucks more is the Cowboys.

:o)

Reply to
Scott H.

It didn't work that great, and 30 years is a long time to take to diagnose a problem and get around to fixing it - hahahahahaha.

Let's face it - we only love them because they are "different"!

Tom

Reply to
Oldbie

Ginger..........Or Mary Ann?

LOL

That ought to bring on a better thread anyway.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

"MUADIB®" wrote

Mary Ann, definitely. :o)

-- Scott

Reply to
Scott H.

"Tim Rogers" wrote

Hehe ... true, very true. I've been a Washington fan since I was a kid. The main reason being that, back when all was right in the world and the NFC was always shown on CBS and the AFC was always shown on NBC, the Redskins were on TV in this area every Sunday. They were considered the `home' team, even though Atlanta is closer than DC. The Falcons just sucked so badly that they were never shown on TV, so we always got to see every Washington game. For that reason, the greater Charlotte area had (and still has) many Washington fans. When the Panthers came along, they no longer showed the Redskins games on TV, which kind of pissed me off ... but I grudgingly decided that the Panthers would be my `second' team and I'd also pull for them since they were now the real `home team'. But the ownership pulled some really stupid moves and I gave up on the Panthers. Football was my favorite sport as a kid and I still consider Washington my team but I really don't even keep up with them any more. I started losing interest when Joe Gibbs left and it just went downhill from there. The only sport that I really have any interest in at all any more is baseball.

-- Scott

Reply to
Scott H.

................During the sixties, I liked Lombardy's Packers. In the seventies while living in Houston, it was the Oilers. For the past twenty or more years, I've been steadfastly loyal to the Steelers even though we moved away from the Pittsburgh area back in '89. Most of the fans here in the Binghamton, NY area like either the Giants or the Bills but I've never been able to let go of the Steelers maybe because we still live only a few miles from Pennsylvania. I think that the Rooney family inspires a lot of Steeler fans to remain loyal in a way that's kind of unique these days. I remember back during the seventies that whenever the Steelers were playing Houston at the Astrodome that there were so many transplants from western Pa. attending the game that it was hard to believe that the Steelers were the visiting team.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 02:26:05 GMT, MUADIB® , who was sitting in a corner eating his Xmas pie stuck in his thumb and pulled out a plum and began to run off at the mouth like so:

Mary Ann. Any day of the week. But even better than that, Elizabeth Montgomery. Mmmm... Witchy.... :-)

Lindsay Wagner. Mmm... Bionic... :-)

-- Travis (Shaggie) '63 VW Camo Baja...

corrodes the vessel that carries it.

Reply to
travis

Reply to
Gregg H

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 11:26:00 -0400, "Scott H." ran around screaming and yelling:

Okay...Scott....let me start by saying i am not anit-relay(or whatever)....relays are great, and i don't have a problem with them...what *I* do have a problem with, is how quickly everyone says "put a hardstart relay in it, that will fix it"....and yeah, it will fix it...but.....there is a big difference between someone like Speedy Jim, Maudib(sp?) or *anyone* else with some electrical experience installing a relay, and a total "newbie" that doesn't have the skills to even trace the circuit to find the problem in the first place...what you end up with is a bunch of wires that are the same color, maybe too small, or even the wrong type...then they put in a radio...then they add this or that, then they decide they need to rewire their car...so off to Lowe's or home depot they go. they buy a bunch of housewire, all the same color of course, then they go to it...then they can't get a damn thing to work....once they are tired of messing with it, and after they have posted fifteen hundred questions to a newsgroup(without owning up to what they have done), they put the car in the yard and let is sit...five years pass, and they want to sell it...someone(like a ramva regular or any vw "enthusiast") buys the car and has to start all over again... I have no problem with the relay itself, and it actually is a good addition to the system.(how's that Jim?) I just don't think it is the "cure-all" for voltage drops in the starting system...Like i said above, someone that can't even trace the starting circuit(a very simple circuit) really has no business installing *any* electrical component, much less one that isn't on a wiring diagram somewhere...the electrical system on a vw(bmw also) is "weird" anyway, when you are used to working on "american" cars...i don't think a vw is a car to learn on(electrical)....How many vw's have you seen with a hacked up mess under the hood?...i have seen more than i care to...but i have also picked up some decent cars cheap because they had "electrical gremlins"....so it *can* be a good thing, but still not worth the risk of the car being put out to pasture, when the owner can't get it right....alot of people throw a fit if you take a sawzall to the body of a vw, but will hand someone the box of butt splicers, a roll of wire, and the wire cutters so the abortion can begin... if you have a vw that the ignition switch is bad in, then by all means install a hardstart relay to help protect the *new* ignition switch(or new wiring).... Joey

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

"Joey Tribiani" wrote

Fair 'nuf. Thanks for the reply.