Re: Glue removal help

Get out your best Safety equipment (respirator and all ) and shoot some MEK on the stuff,................pretty much wipes off as a film after it gets good and wet, if it's the 3m trim adhesive type stuff.I have had some mixed results using Berrymans too, and whatever you use, if it is tough enough to get the glue off will likely take the paint off too.

Without the chemical approach I have also sharpened up a good chisel to remove the glue too.

This is more of an art type , though , if your >I need help removing the carpet and headliner glue from my '70. I have

tried Goof Off, WD-40 and lots of elbow grease. Before I invest money >on the thousands of items that claim to remove sticky and unsticky >stuff I thought I would ask ya'll. What works best to take this stuff >off while leaving the paint on? Any help is appreciated. > >Thanks, >Chuck

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

still in primer

Whoa Nellie!

I have been known to use spray-on brake cleaner for a variety of uses. And, I'd guess, it could probably put a pretty good dent in that old, yucky, accumulated glue. In other words, I might try it also.

But there is something which needs to be said about this stuff. Brake cleaner is a very potent toxin. As such it demands your respect. Should you decide to use this stuff (for any purpose) take any and all measures to avoid inhaling the vapors or getting it on your skin. Mask, fully covered by protective clothing, rubber gloves - the whole nine yards.

Reply to
Bookwus1