Re: heater door question

Pete, this shouldn;t be an issue . The heater controls the temp, by closing/opening the heater boxes under the car....................now there could be a problem in your heater/exchangers, but there should be no issue with heat coming in if that is working properly.

Here is a good one. The 2 floor heater vents on my 1973 bug has nowhere >to close them. I can see the cable end in the vents but I can't see >where are controlled at. The one next to the gear shift opens the ones >in the back seat. Help...it's hot out >Thanks, >pete

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

Pete, the heater boxes are open. Should be the other lever to turn them off. If that won't do it, turn the lever off at the heater boxes and fix the cable before winter. Dennis

href="

">Den's 1978Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

Thanks...I'll look into it in the morning.

Pete

Dennis Wik wrote:

The Lever tab "knobs are on the wr3ong levers...................It happens. The one on the right is definitely *supposed* to be the TEMP control and should control the heateer box levers under the car. The other(left ) is *supposed* to be DEF/HEAT, thus controlling the location the heat comes out...............

here's a link to a very good photo straight form the bently manual.

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

I know what you are talking about, I have a 73 SB. there should be a metal flap that is part of the plastic foot vent. the cable opens and closes the vent to foot heat or defrost.

Reply to
Gregg H

On 18 Aug 2003 20:36:34 GMT, p left Mt Vesuvius in a state of jealous awe as he began spewing from the mouth thusly:

For a quick fix just crawl up under the car and use some baling wire to wire the flaps on the heater boxes in the closed position.

-- Travis (Shaggie) '63 VW Camo Baja...

corrodes the vessel that carries it.

Reply to
travis

Another, temporary fix, is to cap off the tubes exiting the fan shroud and going into the heat exchangers in the engine compartment. You would then take off those flex hoses. Getting a good seal on the caps is important as it helps cool the engine better. For "looks" I once put heavy foil (like from a whiskey bottle) over the end of the opening on the fan should and then used the flex hoses and pipe clamps to hold the foil on. I believe that it helped be cool the engine better during the hot TX summer.

Reply to
KWW

NO, NO, NO....never do that...if you have heater boxes installed you need to have the airflow to them....unless you enjoy overheated exhaust ports and cracked heads....seriously folks...if you *want* to remove he hoses it is strongly advised that you remove the heater boxes and install J-tubes...

------------------- Chris Perdue

*All opinions are those of the author of this post* "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug"
reply take your PANTS off
Reply to
Chris Perdue

Dan, those white plugs are yellow...................I will look in my "junk" and see what i can find for you.