Re: inflated your tires lately

>>> Hey stupid, "the gloves are off" is a very common expression in >>>> everyday

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

You don't watch TV? The expression is used almost daily on various political commentary shows etc. As well as in print and on the internet.

Reply to
Rev Turd Fredericks

do you have children? (not a slam, but based on your reasoning, i'd bet you are fairly young yourself) if you do, you'd realize that the disney channel will likely not be a good source of "the gloves are off"... which is kind of a silly statement anyway... for the record, when i *do* watch television i don't waste my time watching political commentary shows, i guess that's why i don't give a flying shit if others agree with my views or not... Passion is a good thing, blinders are not...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

You still haven't put your gloves back on? hahahaha! "Gloves are off." Classic. Hey man, I just took my socks off. You'd better watch out now... HO HO HO! If you get me really worked up then I might put my hat on or maybe some sunglasses or a jacket and then take the jacket back off or something like that. *THEN* the shit will hit the fan. In summary: You =3D f*ck-tard.

Reply to
Shag

I like the way you craftily avoided saying "jacket Off".... You're just too good Shag.

Reply to
MUADIB

search results You make yourself look more stupid with every post if that's even possible.

Reply to
Rev Turd Fredericks

No kids and I'm not young. Political commentary shows was just an example, "the gloves are off" is a very common idiom. I can't recall ever watching the Disney Channel, but the expression is so common that it's probably been used on there as well.

Reply to
Rev Turd Fredericks

as I said, as far as frequency of use it could be a regional thing(which most idioms are)... it's not a very common thing in my area, or more specifically with the folks I interact with... Never said I had never heard the saying, but I also don't think you should automatically assume that everyone hears/uses it as you do... For instance you could easily describe Mario as "as dumb in the head as a hog is in the ass", which was a very common "idiom" when I was growing up(yes we are rednecks) but I wouldn't be a bit shocked if other folks had not heard it, or hadn't heard it as often as I have.

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

275,000 search results>

if you were as up to date on sarcasm as you are on your (supposedly) widespread idioms, you'd not keep doing the same...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Heh. I'm about to become a redneck, I'm moving to Kentucky in a few months. I'll have to catch up on the local idioms.

Reply to
Rev Turd Fredericks

come on now, you can't become a redneck... you can come live among us, but you can't become one.... I've never been to Kentucky but hear it's a nice place...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Perhaps I can't become a redneck, I guess you have to born that way :-) We are moving to Lexington, my wife is a university professor, and they have a great university. Everyone tells me it's a nice place to live, I hope so, because it's a pretty drastic move. At least I can still keep my job and can "telecommute". This is one of the places we will be looking at:

I'd actually be able to do my own work on my bug there :-)

Reply to
Rev Turd Fredericks

his and her's houses, a big garage and a mud puddle! I love it!(geo thermal heating and cooling in this region isn't really all that effective for two of the four seasons, but is a nice feature.) Looks very nice...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

At a REALLY good price too. The guest house would be my business office :-) I'm not that familiar with geothermal heating/AC but it seems quite popular in Kentucky, a number of houses I have seen have it mostly places that have a bit of land.

Reply to
Rev Turd Fredericks