Re: OT Painted firearms?

That weapon has very little bluing. It's largely cheap parkerizing, but regardless the metal will stand up under stripper well enough. Bluing it would cost more than it's worth. Just keep it clean and all is well. The stock is yellow pine, or some Oriental variation and once stripped will swell when it gets soaking wet, but it is not fitted to any significant tolerances so you are okay there, too.

Look, the thing was built to be dropped in a rice paddy and still shoot. You can hardly hurt it. :)

Reply to
J Stafford

I got a cheap Chinese SKS after the "assault weapon ban" for $80 at a show. What made it legal? It didn't have the bayonet or a high cap mag. The clip was a 5 shot non detachable clip. A real cheap POS. But it shot well. IMHO it is a good hunting rifle ;-). Then I sold it.

If you don't like the color paint it black! ;-)

Humph I shoulda kept mine for the end. It's coming you know. The BB and HCI are trying to make sure of that. You know the day. The day when all firearms are banned. All firearms go under ground. People are too scared to show them because they are illegal to have. The thieves will rape, pillage and plunder at will. Nobody is allowed to get rid of them. After all they have rights. And poor bambi won't have to hid anymore from that mean killer people call hunters. They will be able to romp and play all day. But who cares about that big ol cow that is raised to be slaughtered and had no chance from inception.

AHHRRR wheres me pirate hat. I'm goin o'r ta the o'er side... You know the dAHHHRRRk side. Any bloaks wanna set sail? There's a fortune to be made.

Reply to
(O\|/O)(.\~/.)

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 04:13:35 GMT, "\(O\\|/O\)\(.\\~/.\)" ran around screaming and yelling:

i have six-eight deer in my yard everynight...(*early evening)...they sometimes come around during the day also...they love to run, jump and play..a couple of them even come pretty close to me, because i have been "making friends" with them since i bought this house 7 years ago... J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

I do like the SKS - it's a simple rifle, easy to disassemble and clean. Easy and dirt cheap to shoot, and pretty accurate too, well, out to 100 yards anyway. I'm just going to remove the paint and refinish the stock, and enjoy it.

no kidding regarding the direction firearms ownership is taking. I live in southern california, and L.A. county has banned gun shows. Next'll be ammunition sales (which has already been thrown about by various and sundry politicos here). ah, well. time to pick a different career and move east.

Reply to
Gary

Yeah, yeah, it will be the end of the world as we know it.............

Reply to
Ant

Had the same situation when I moved into my previous place. It was 5,500 acres of land inaccessible except by the drive (1.9 miles long). The juvenile deer used to hang out by the house and were so arrogant, I'd have to nudge them with car to get them out of the way. And the Coyote population was huge. The DNR declared it was just about a disaster. Winter kill was terrific. Bodies everywhere. (Deer do not move from their territory and just choke it all up.) Crop damage was bad, too. So they held a hunting party and handed out deer tags in the field. Day one harvest something like 135 deer. Took two years of hunting to normalize the deer situation. My dog Pico took care of the coyote. Yummmmmm.

Reply to
jjs

Here's a dirty little secret concerning Anti-Gun Liberals in general - they believe they can have guns but you can't. When the opportunity arises where they can easily get a permit to carry, they don't do it because they don't want to be _known_ to carry. They carry and use them as they please regardless of the law. But you shouldn't. Kennedy Liberalism to the max.

Reply to
jjs

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 16:42:45 -0500, "jjs" ran around screaming and yelling:

Pico vs. coyote....that is such an unfair fight...hehe J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Lord forbid that they come here, the state just changed the law so that anyone over 21 can carry a concealed handgun without a permit. I don't think it will be long until they re-consider though.

I have to wait 3 years until I can legally carry mine.

Gary

Reply to
Ace

Time to move... Ummm What state are you in?

Reply to
(O\|/O)(.\~/.)

Alaska. I'll warn you though, we got our first snot today.

Gary

Reply to
Ace

Doh... Not enough ratio of women in that state...

Reply to
(O\|/O)(.\~/.)

You got your first snot?? How old do you have to be in Alaska before you get snot??

Neil

Reply to
Neil

Yeah...it was prolly a snot from Massachusetts.

Reply to
cloud8

LOL! ^^^^ SNOW!!

Gary

Reply to
Ace

..........snow....... :-)

Reply to
Ace

he left last summer.

Gary

Reply to
Ace

heh heh your probably right.

Gary

Reply to
Ace

grrr... Let's not talk about guns right now... grrr....

On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 22:08:02 GMT, "Ace" began spewing the following from their cake-hole:

-- Travis '63 VW Camo Baja...

that soak into your ears are whispered, not yelled.

:wq!

Reply to
travis

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 09:25:59 GMT, "Ace" began spewing the following from their cake-hole:

Nothing with my Glock. I was showing a friend yesterday how easy it is to field-strip it with no tools. I started to put it back together while talking to him and wasn't looking at the gun as I did... I positioned the top slide incorrectly and got it jammed up. Later as I ever so gently *cough* was tapping the gun to try to unstick it, uh... things went downhill. Now it's _really_ jammed up and needs a new spring thingie inside of it. It's a mess. *grrrr*