Re: OT we are safer

.....................The book isn't closed yet so I guess that you may well be right. It looks like we're planning to be mostly out in a few years or so. I doubt that whatever happens to that country in the future will be as bad for the Iraqi people as what would have continued happening to them if we'd never gone in. It'll never be another Finland or Canada in our lifetimes, that's for sure.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Yes. Less snow and lakes.

Reply to
Olli Lammi

Reply to
Ilambert

Yes we are. I haven't heard of any terrorist attacks on our soil since 9-11. Has anyone else?

Al Qaeda camps and operatives have been discovered in Iraq, and most of the present attacks on US and coalition troops are performed by Al Qaeda members or those trained by Al Qaeda.

WMD intelligence was garnered over the past 10 years, and even the King of the Leftist Whackos, B-J Billy Klinton himself, has said that according to the info he got while desecrating the White House, that WMDs were in Iraq.

Are we safer? Let's see. Libya has opened their borders to inspectors and have turned over all the nukes and other WMDs that they were working on. North Korea has been quiet and cooperating with the UN now. Afghanistan is free of their radical Taliban leaders, intent on taking over the Region. Iraq is no longer a threat to neighboring nations. Kuwait, Turkey and Iran no longer worry about being invaded and their citizens gassed and buried in some hole in the desert.

Some people actually believe that our President stormed into Iraq on his accord, without guidance from our Congress or the UN. The Congress overwhelmingly endorsed Military action against the Saddam regime, as did the UN with their numerous resolutions declaring action against Saddam if the conditions were not met. (which they weren't)

Go ahead and parrot the mindless drivel poured out by a sorry selection of Democratic wannabe Presidential candidates, left wing propaganda websites, and Communist Hollywood millionaires who claim they speak for the rest of us.

I'll just sit here and wonder how you can find your way to the crapper every morning, without their guidance and approval.

Reply to
Alan Nelson

Hear, Hear!!

J.

Reply to
BergRace

I knew I would rattle some cages with my opinions but a democracy should be noisy with various ideas. No easy answers either but we must realize that our freedom is our strength not the restrictions of feedoms. That is just a warm, fuzzy illusion. I think that is why Roosevelt said that "All we have to fear is fear itself" (I know other leaders also said it). We, as individuals must be responsible citizens and alert to the well being and safety of our republic. We should take our citizenship as a duty and treat it with respect, protecting not only our own property and family from those who would harm us but also our neighbors properties and the freedoms of us all. We should not be dependent nor appoint other individuals or department to do this for us as this costs citizens individual freedoms and the courtesies of a society which can then enjoy individual privacies. Ben Franklin once wrote that "anyone who would trade freedoms for security deserves neither for himself. I agree , just my opinion of course and I hope I have not upset anyone. Dennis

href="

">Den's 1978Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

LMAO!!!!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>LOL

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

John *is* a hippie,............I think............LOL

Like him or not, he's still john though.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

jjs

On 01 Feb 2004 03:54:07 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@wmconnect.com (RedsShakers) ran around screaming and yelling:

i for one am scared to think that someone would believe anything that is printed in a newspaper, just because it is *in* the newspaper... J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

THEIR IS NO WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION IN IRAQ.The groups of iraq and alceda are two different ethnic groups who hate us as much as they hate each other.The US government has supported both these groups at different times in recent with money and weapons.why we broke with these people i don't remember but we are as much at fault for these events as they are.I do not understand people who support a president who does not even read news papers but relys on his staff for information.Of course all of these countrys have been good lately,if every house on your block was raided by the cops except yours wouldnt you be just a little more careful. The president did get congress's aproval but not that of the UN,remember france being labled Bad because they would not vote yes on attacking Iraq...Just to end this monolgue, i personaly form my own opinons about what is going on and make judgements on that. These Hollywood comunists you speak are just people who have out spoken opions and are not afraid of what others think.The real communists are those in power who are trying to take away are rights by disguising them as ways to make us safer.As for getting to the "crapper" its never been much of a problem,thanks for asking.Thanks,Kasoma D

Reply to
RedsShakers

Gathering real news has gotten tougher since Bush's far-right buddies own most of the so called news organizations and 'shape' the news you get if you just follow the old mainstream ways of getting news.

I strongly support Democracy Now on Pacifica stations and on Free Speech Television. When you pay attention to all the stuff that goes on 'under the radar' you get a very clear picture of what Bush and his buddies are really up to. Sadly, they couldn't care less about the Iraqi people.

It's all about several major things; a strong military presence in the area so we can get our troops out of Saudi Arabia (a demand of Bin Laden that, by the way, we are complying with), stable oil supply and stopping Saddam from attempting to change the standard currency for trading oil, away from U.S. dollars.

Basically, Bin Ladden has won, most Americans live in fear all the time now and live with huge restrictions on their personal freedoms.

But wait, Bush has won too, all his major campaign contributors have done extremely well and have kicked back tons of cash to keep the game going.

Hope enough people see through Bush's attempts to play 'good christian' and see the real man.

Just my opinion of course.

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Alan..........thanks for saying it......I believe you are totally correct.....Eric

Reply to
Stutzsr

While not directing my comments at anyone in particular, it appears that I've struck home. Glad you could see yourself in my words.

BTW Al Qaeda is a terrorist group, made up radical Muslims from numerous nations, including the Phillipines, Bali, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, etc. Ethnicity has nothing to do with them or their beliefs,

Reply to
Alan Nelson

That is something that we can definitely agree on. Nothing wrong with cage rattling and being noisy - it's healthy.

Personally, I enjoy hearing and debating all points of view; it helps me understand my own pov's better (and even change sometimes). Anyone that gets upset needs to grow some skin and get their ego out of the way.

Reply to
K5

An asided, K5: For some it is more than a 'thin skin' issue. For those of us with nonmilitary friends and relatives in places like Iraq, Israel and Iran (talk about contrast), it's not a purely intellectual issue. When it gets down to blood and guts, you can expect some hard opinions.

Reply to
jjs

Good point. That would be one reason why my opinions are hard.

Reply to
K5

That's really close to my picture of ya!.............LOL

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

I really don't look that good, but for your effort you just earned a sixpack - if you will drink it with me.

Reply to
jjs

Why is it I never get invited to these things...

J.

Reply to
BergRace

Because you haven't insulted me yet. But I trust you will, so let's make it three and a sixpack. No, a case.

Reply to
jjs