Re: passenger mirror

> And i don't know if you can add a door hinge "early" mirror to the later > cars, if so then i think everybody would be doing it!!!!

Why? :p

if I didn't walk past my car on the passenger side, I would forget I had a mirror over there it's so hard to see from the driver's seat. Mounted from the hinge, unless the thing sticks out a foot or so from your car, a passenger mirror serves absolutely no practical purpose.

I don't even think it looks that good, though I know a lot of people do like it. I'm just an asymetrical guy i guess.

Reply to
Seth Graham

I could be wrong Seth, But the pasesenger side Mirror is supposed to be a bit longer and sit up and away, differently than the driver side one.....................Not terribly symetrical if you see one that way.......................most don't notice that stuff, But I do a lot of the time.

I think it would be better to have the taller ones on both sides.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Reply to
MUADIB®

"Cletus" wrote

instructions

It was available as an option. Here's the page from the '73 accessory catalog:

Here's what I did on my '72 Super. It may not have been the perfect way to do it, but it looks good and works great for me. First of all I took the driver side mirror and the inside door panel off, just to get a look at how it is on the driver's side. There's just a clearance hole in the outside sheet metal and a nut plate tack welded inside the door that the mirror screws into. Then I pulled the passenger side door panel off and looked up inside the door, no such nut plate on this side and, of course, no hole. I've heard that some doors may have the nut plate already in there, but mine didn't. So, on the driver's side, I took a sheet of paper, taped it over the hole and the front edge of the vent window, then did a tracing with a pencil, making sure to get the hole and the curve of the vent window opening. I did this to get a proper location to transfer to the passenger side. Transferred the location to the passenger side. Then drilled a hole in the door the size for the tap drill for an M16 thread (the mirror thread size). I thought there might be enough meat in the door to tap it enough to hold the mirror, but there was not. So I ended up putting an M16 jam nut with a lock washer on the back side. Cletus is right, there's very little room up in there to get a wrench on the nut but somehow I did. Someone with skinny arms wouldn't have as much of a problem. My arms aren't skinny. :o) It looks just like the driver's side now, and I love having a mirror on the right side.

Bugman (Eric) has an excellent page on this procedure at his website:

hope that helps

-- Scott

Reply to
Scott H.

The trick is to use a long wrench and a little duct tape (yes, duct tape!) to hold the nut in the wrench so it doesnt fall out while you are 'fishing' it up in the door.

Reply to
BugMan

"BugMan" wrote

I think I went with Scotch tape but duct tape would be better, I'm sure. :o)

-- Scott

Reply to
Scott H.

Yea it does, thanks

Reply to
Cletus

Wow, i didn't know that they didn't come with passenger side mirrors...mine had them when i bought it. I like mine too, but its REALLY hard to see out of the passenger side one.

~peace~Justin

Reply to
Nxqzablesk8er