Re: Replacing side mirrors on '79 convertible beetle..?

Glad you made it to your destination! ;-)

Look closer to where they mount to the door and you will see that its base is not spinning when you spin the mirror. You will also see that the base has a provision for using a wrench on it to unscrew it, and the mirror, off of the door.

I think the wrench size is either a 14mm or 17mm open end wrench.

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

John

. snipped-for-privacy@newssvr19.news.prodigy.net...

It should be a thin 19mm wrench you need for the mirror base.

FYI the 79 ghia mirrors are mounted on the vent wing window frame.

Mario Vintage Werks resto

Reply to
Kafertoys

Some protective tape around the mirror base might help prevent scratches also.

There was a 1979 'Ghia' built?

AFAIK The Convertible Beetles and Super Beetles were badged 'Karmann' but not 'Ghia'. The smaller "sports car" was a 'Karmann Ghia' made until 1974 for the USA market. I used to hit my head getting in those things and thus never cared for them.

I could be wrong though!

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

LOL Sorry I've got ghia on the brain

Reply to
Kafertoys

LOL Sorry I've got ghia on the brain

And Bondo......

Reply to
Karl

I LOVE when the thieving liar ignorant asshole emails this crap:

Reply to
Karl

actually the misuse of your/you're is the reason society is screwed up.

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

And I have no clue what 'youi' is or means...... those Bondo fumes can sure delude someone into thinking he knows something....

Reply to
Karl

ignorance is talking about about things you have no knowledge of. Karl nor chris (joey) have ever been to my shop or seen any of MY work.

Not sure why anyone would go on like these to do. I've invited anyone to come to my shop and I will show high quality restoration work, but it seems like these two and others are just looking for attention and something to bitch about.

Mario Vintage Werks resto Best revenge is to live well

Reply to
Kafertoys

f*ck you, Mr. Pot...i don't need to come to your shop to see work like yours, we have a Maaco here in Roanoke. the only person looking for attention in this group is you, or you would never speak up and even try to defend your work after the REAL quality(lack of) of your work was shown in vivid color.... you are a legend in your own little mind...the rest of the world know's you are a third rate bondo spreader, with no talent.

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Hey asshole, I don't need to step in dog crap to verify it is dog crap.

You, however, are neck deep in cow pies and you do not have a clue. You are an ignorant thieving liar.

ignorance is talking about about things you have no knowledge of. Karl nor chris (joey) have ever been to my shop or seen any of MY work.

Not sure why anyone would go on like these to do. I've invited anyone to come to my shop and I will show high quality restoration work, but it seems like these two and others are just looking for attention and something to bitch about.

Mario Vintage Werks resto Best revenge is to live well

Reply to
Karl

LOL the last 2 post are from guys that are driving hoodride looking VW's and they claim to know quality restoration work.

Like I said its easy to bitch when you don't have the balls to come to my shop and see what is truely going on.

Mario Vintage Werks resto

Reply to
Kafertoys

Like I said its easy to bitch when you don't have the balls to come to my shop and see what is truely going on.

Mario Vintage Werks resto

it's easy to talk shit when the burden of proof is on you...your work has been shown by a third party...YOU claim your work is good....it's up to YOU to prove that...you, in essesnce, have to prove that the irrefutible proof that has been posted isn't true...good luck with that, hackboy...

my "hoodride" would trounce all over your beloved 64 "show car" you brag about...tell us about the yellow ghia you claimed was "show quality" yet someone posted pictures that looked like you made bodylines from cake frosting and possibly threw a handfull of popcorn into the wet paint on every panel....

the cars I've had a hand in are not vw's where everyone wants cheap and will settle for a hack like you....you wouldn't make a pimple on a restorer's ass..... we've proven your work is less than amateur, yet you talk trash about others to try and divert attention..either "prove" i can't do good work, or "prove" you can...those are your options, and i challenge you to do either...i don't expect any proof from you on either side of your statements, mainly because you can't prove a negative...you can't prove you do good work when you don't, and you can't prove i do shitty work, when i don't..

put up or shut up you hack ass pussy...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

where is your proof I do shitty work ... all anybody is bitching about is work I farmed out..

even the restorations I've done just to be daily drivers have won shows and not only VW shows.

As far as your work goes I haven't seen any proof that you can do anything. All I've seen is a way over primed 68 .

I have 20 years experiance in the auto body business and all has been high quality that including 4+ years at a salvage shop in Raleigh were I painted on average 200 cars a year. All the cars were less then 3 yrs old and resold at loan value. (yes this means they went from being totaled to looking like new, this included a lot of high end cars) also 3 years at a street rod shop where the cheapest job was $30k ( why are VW people so cheap...lol) I also worked in a high end body shop in MD where we fixed all the cars for Enterprise rent -a-car mostly stolen recovery. And my first shop was in Germany.

Mario Vintage Werks resto the bad boy of VW thats getting the last laugh

Reply to
Kafertoys

Hey jerk wad, you stole $9000 dollars from Joan. The only thing you farmed out was your asshole..... because it is gone now.

[...]

overprimed? that's a hoot.... the proof of your hack status it Joan's car... you told me you did it. then you claimed you didn't...either way you were paid, so you did... there has been no proof of all your self-hyped quality work, and I've even heard the lowdown on your prized 64 "showcar" from several different folks in the past... you still brag on it, yet will only post a distant shot of it and claim it's a show winner... guess what? i placed first in class at a local carshow once with a worn out bug with rattlecan paint... "show" car can be stretched to extremes...we know which extreme you lean toward.

still, lots of talk from you, but no "putting up"...as i figured...post it up mario, your poor credibility is getting worse... i've known folks that have done their "profession" for many years and still sucked at it...

(FTR, i've been doing bodywork for longer than 20 years... real bodywork..., not that shit you call bodywork)

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

come on Karl show us how much you know about restorations by showing your VW

I have proof my daily driver 64 beetle I built in my drive way has won more then 7 shows and I bet looks better then anything you will ever hope to have.

all I've seen is your better then me at being a bitch.

Mario

Reply to
Kafertoys

I have proof my daily driver 64 beetle I built in my drive way has won more then 7 shows and I bet looks better then anything you will ever hope to have.

all I've seen is your better then me at being a bitch.

Karl hasn't bragged on his work then had irrefutible proof posted that he's a hack...you on the other hand, have... why do you try to divert by putting other's down, when it's YOUR work that needs defending? Wait...i know the answer, because all the pictures tell the story, that's why all your "show winning" work is non-existant.... for all the show quality jobs you do a year() there should be some mention of you somewhere that isn't negative.... Did you see the great mention Kelly got in HotVw's? where's your mention? (Hint: do a google search on you, you're mentioned alot....too bad it's all negative..)

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

I don't have to prove anything to you.

You have done it all: