Re: Simple Bus alt question, honest.

focus on the dash warning light. If this is not operational (bad bulb), the alternator WILL NOT CHARGE.

John Aircooled.Net Inc.

Reply to
John Connolly

Thats exactly where I will start. I bought a pair yesterday @ £1.19 each for a thing the size of a grain of rice ! Will wait for daylight on Saturday :-)

James

Reply to
Juper Wort

Does the bulb light when you turn the key ON? It should, and if it doesn't then there is either a problem with the bulb or it's wiring.

The '71 has a generator instead of an alternator, so the wiring concepts are completely different.

-

Jim Adney

No Bulb on at all, hence purchase of new one + spare. After scrabbling about in the cold wet & dark upside down with a torch in my mouth, will attempt this at the weekend when I can get things apart so I can actually *see* what I am up to.

Thanks for all the replies

James

Reply to
Juper Wort