Re: Stupid drivers...

> ............snip.........so therefore i just convince people it is "better" > for them to not ride my ass...no road rage, no illegal moves, just little > things that make them *realize* the person in front of them has the potential > to be "crazy"....works for me....have only had to get out of my vehicle a > couple times this year, because most get the message before it comes to > that.... > >

.................Help me out here Chris. I'm having trouble imagining just what it is that you would do to scare the crap out of those tailgaters.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

I reckon a coupla hard brakes when they're half-a-car length back would suffice... not enough to actually cause an accident just enough to let them know you're displeased. Works for me. ;o)

Cheers, G

Reply to
B.C. Bugger

sometimes "scuffing the tires" will help(imagine nascar just before a restart, the swerving back and forth to clean the tires), and sometimes intentionally putting two tires off the edge of the road, can make them back off, and sometimes just staring them down in mirror works...most drivers that are being stupid are really not comfortable looking the person in the eye...(plus they realize you are not happy with them, and the "smart" ones realize you mean "business" that way)...there are other ways, but i mainly use these three things...now if all else fails i make damn sure i never exceed the posted speed limit then get great joy in watching them bounce up and down in their seats as their face turns beet red and they give me the one fingered salute. if you laugh at them in the mirror it helps...

------------------- Chris Perdue

*All opinions are those of the author of this post* "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug"
reply take your PANTS off
Reply to
Chris Perdue

Where did you ever get that notion?

Dave

Reply to
Dave Brower

nah..i used to do that, but now i get more enjoyment out of just pissing them off and remaining on the proper side of the law...

------------------- Chris Perdue

*All opinions are those of the author of this post* "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug"
reply take your PANTS off
Reply to
Chris Perdue

Just had to join in on this thread.............

I remember that the National Highway Traffic Safety Institute (at least that was what they called themselves back in the sixties) recommended that when one was "pressured" by a tailgater that the best course of action was to gradually slow down. This move would have two effects. One, it would help to minimize damage in the event of an accident and two, it would allow the tailgater a better chance to pass. It still works for me. And one other idea (not from the NHTSI) if they flip you off as they roar past, smile and wave back. It irritates the Hell outta them.

Mike

Reply to
Bookwus1

.......................I've actually tried this a few times. It works! More often, I've been less sensible. It depends on the circumstance. If I'm being pressured to move over to the right lane and into a line of traffic that's going a lot slower than the left lane, it's annoying..........especially when I'm already going almost 20 mph over the speed limit myself.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Hmmm, I think you misunderstood... more likely I wasn't clear enough. By "hard brakes" I mean taps on the brake pedal of an insignificant amount of time, not even enough to actually decrease my speed. I would not want to act unlawfully and would never jeopardize anyone else's safety .

Cheers,

B.C. Bugger

Unfortunately the only people that actually do that are the ones being tailgated because they're doing 45 MPH in the passing lane. Of course the fact that the cops never pull them over (since they're only interested in speeding tickets and trying to find drugs) only reinforces their belief that they're not the ones driving badly.

nate

PS - I'm not implying anything about anyone on this group, I just reread my post before sending and it kinda looks like I was. It's more a general comment on all the stupid f**kers around here that if it weren't for the little yellow arrows painted on the pavement in the Safeway parking lot would probably still be driving around in circles trying to find the exit.

Reply to
Nate Nagel

I used to do that when I was on the interstate already going above the speed limit and then someone would flash their lights at me... then I learned that it was illegal to not move over when someone does this :'( WHY???? that's a stupid law... and who know about it???? I only found out cause I was looking up the laws about passing on the right... which is also illegal... anyone from TX should know some of these laws... i think they are posted... at least the passing laws...

Reply to
VWGirl

In Florida it's illegal to flash your lights at anyone. I do it regularly, of course because it's also illegal to drive in traffic with your bright lights on, and they need a reminder to turn them down and stop blinding me. The only people that aren't allowed to pass on the right here are police officers running code. If the lights and sirens are on, they aren't allowed to pass to the right because civilians are *supposed* to move to the right and get out of the way. Damn. Guess I should re-enroll in the police academy.

Kidd "Back in black. It's a fact."

Reply to
Kidd

Nope... in FLORIDA... you have to move over and give right of way to anyone that flashes their lights at you... AND it is illegal to pass on the right... I looked this all up over the summer... learned a lot...

Reply to
VWGirl

I will find the laws again eventually and show you... wherever I got in to this arguement about how those couldnt possibly be laws... i think i posted links once I found them...

Reply to
VWGirl

Maybe just wishful thinking,hoping more people will realize that you don't need mudders,'roo bars,skid plates and 4WD to get to the bar or 7-11.Steve

Reply to
Ilambert

Maybe in the books, but ask a cop and see what they tell you. ;)

Kidd "Back in black. It's a fact."

Reply to
Kidd

Umm.. I'm not gonna argue about it. I was told by many a cop in the city that you will get a ticket for flashing your lights at anyone. We had a problem with gang members using it as an initiation. They flash their lights, and if you flash back the new guy shoots you. Lot of deaths like that years ago. And we pass whichever way we want to, if it IS illegal it's not enforced except for officers. I don't need the links. I have the law books at home. I live with a cop. Either way, my point was I try not to drive like too much of an asshole. "Back in black. It's a fact."

Reply to
Kidd

On 17 Nov 2003 14:14:38 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Kidd) shared the following:

*cough*

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

If we were only allowed to have what we NEED, this would be a pretty dull world. I own a 2001 Explorer and a 1999 Z71. Do you think you're qualified to tell me whether I need them or not?

Dave

Reply to
Dave Brower

During the winter I need 4WD just to get in & out of my drive.

Randy

RSMEINER

That's great, but it really DID happen here. I remember it very well because the road I lived off of was the main area for it.

*mutters* Think I'm dumb...

"Back in black. It's a fact."

Reply to
Kidd