Re: VW class at "Time Machines," this Sunday, 7/27, Durham, CT

Just out of curiosity why is it only until 1978? Would someone with a 79 be turned away?

Hey-ho, if you're in the central Connecticut area on Sunday, you might want to > check this out... > > JULY 27, 2003, Sunday - "Time Machines 2003," 25th Annual Antique Car Show & > Flea Market, 8am-3pm, Coginchaug High School, Route 17 (Main St.), Durham, CT. > This year's event again features the VW-only car show class open to ALL > Volkswagens, stock & modified, up to & including model year 1978; class > sponsored by Common Gear Antique Volkswagen Society. Event is rain or shine, > and the proceeds go to many worthy area charities. General event info is > available at the dedicated web page: >
or contact EventCo-Chair > Fred Klaus at snipped-for-privacy@snet.net or 203-239-2656 or Event Co-Chair Wendall > Theriault at 860-585-8657; for VW-class specific info, please see the web page: >
or e-mail to:> snipped-for-privacy@aol.com > Steve from Common Gear > Common Gear Antique Volkswagen Society - A VVWCA Affiliate >
Stony Creek, CT
Reply to
BugBum

mez

Well, let's see. I think the event organizers were consciously trying to stay with a 25 year-old cutoff due to the show's "antique" theme ("antique," per Antique Automobile Club of America, is defined as any model that's 25 years old or older; not coincidentally, the Vintage VW Club of American defines "vintage" the same way). If you look at the car show's main web page, most, if not all of the classes this year have a 1978 model year cut off. I agree that it would be nice to be able to have later model VWs participate, but I'm only the class sponsor, not the show's organizer. Presumably the 1979s will be welcomed at Time Machines 2004...

Steve from Common Gear Common Gear Antique Volkswagen Society - A VVWCA Affiliate

Creek, CT

Reply to
Steve from Common Gear

I wasn't trying to criticize I was just curious :) It struck me as odd cause a vintage car is 20 years old in Canada so I was surprised.

Reply to
BugBum

No problem at all--thanks for your interest! Steve from Common Gear Common Gear Antique Volkswagen Society - A VVWCA Affiliate

Creek, CT

Reply to
Steve from Common Gear